I was wondering if there is a service where I cna sync my tasks, calendar and notes with outlook over the internet? ie. I'm sitting at a resturant, modify my tasks, hit sync and my laptop at the office is updated? I am a small business owner and therefore don't have an IT dept however I am in the IT business (security) so a technical answer is okay!
    -Mike
    02-19-08 01:22 AM
    I, too, am looking for the same option as onthost. I have the curve without Enterprise, so am unable to synch via bluetooth. I have to remember to hookup and synch at regular intervals, else I'm not updated between the laptop/BB.

One partial solution, othost... If your primary email is a gmail address, you can synch your email, calendar, and contacts using Google Synch and Google Calendar Synch. I have this setup to perform for partial applications. Actually, you can do this whether google is your primary email or not, as long as you have your google address setup on your blackberry.

If you use Google to synch your calendar, you'll need to remove the calendar from your Desktop Manager synch preferences, as the blackberry will block the google calendar if your are also synching with your desktop. I did this once and ended up having to clear and re-synch my calendar from the desktop.

You can, however, set Google Synch to synch your calendar AND contacts with your google account, then set the Google synch on your blackberry to ONLY synch the contacts. This is what I do - it's a partial fix. Meanwhile, I use google synch to synch the calendar on 2 separate laptops.

Either way, you still won't be able to synch your Outlook Notes and Tasks - there is currently no option for this in google.

If you're interested, lookup google synch and google calendar synch. You will need to download synch to both your desktop and your blackberry, then go in and create your settings to protect your data before your first synch.

Good luck - and if anyone knows of any other online synch program that allows us to synch calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes using the web connection, that would be a great help!
    Last edited by psacto; 03-18-09 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Left out a detail...
    03-18-09 05:51 PM
    GooSync (GooSync Home Page) might get you "most" of what you want. For notes, you will need to find something until the blackberry can sync with googlenotebook (if you use google)
    04-12-09 01:59 PM
    there is this syncje, but cost money ... looks worth it I guess.

Or here are some handy tips form another forum
    04-13-09 02:46 AM
    I'm using google sync and google apps to get my own domain email onto gmail. Its free (I only pay for the domain - nothing to google). I've given up on outlook, though. Had problems with duplicate entries and so on. But it seems to work pretty well between the BB and google. Mail is pushed and calendar and contacts are sync'ed on a schedule. At least its all OTA. Also, you can sync multiple google calendars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD