Firstly apologies for the Pearl newbie question, have had a various blackberrys since the first edition (I think, a 5790..) but this is the first one I have had with WIFI. When in range I use the "Hotspot Browser" but when out of range I use the "BB Browser". The only way I have found to switch between the two is to go into the General Options and change the Default Browser setting. Surely there must be a better way? I'm sure this has been answered before but a search proved fruitless...
    Thanks, Rob
    07-07-08 10:15 AM
    Do you have a data plan as well? Why do you need to switch browsers?
    07-07-08 10:34 AM
    Indeed I do but it's just when I'm using attachments or downloading things the WIFI is much faster. That and the data plan is a max of 400MB a month or something which you never hit with e-mail but you can with downloads etc..
    07-07-08 11:16 AM
    Ah then thats the only way you can switch. An alternative is to get Opera Mini so that you have two browsers and you can use your Hotspot browser for wifi and Opera Mini for data browsing...
    07-07-08 11:38 AM
    I think the regular browser is wi-fi enabled. I have the 8820, and it switched from data to wi-fi when I am in range of a hot spot. To test this, try turning your data off and just use wi-fi. Your normal browser should work the same as when data is turned on. For me, I hit the u key when in browser and it shows a bar with the active connection I'm using.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 12:15 PM
    Thanks guys, I didn't think I was missing anything obvious. I think I will install Opera. Cheers, Rob
    07-08-08 08:49 AM
    Thanks guys, I didn't think I was missing anything obvious. I think I will install Opera. Cheers, Rob
    leave it on BB Browser. if you're connected with "UMA" in the upper corner, then the browser will automatically use the wifi connection without you manually switching it.

dont believe me? you can test it by turning off your mobile network radio and try using your browser while set to "BB Browser".
    07-08-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD