On my pearl, whenever i have word that is not in the dictionary (for the purpose of this post, we'll make up the word Fincsere) the suretype cannot switch to an E without me typing the first part, spacing, adding an e, then backspacing.

Eg: I would have to type Fincs Er E, then backspace for both sections

If i didn't do this, it would simply be Fincsrrr.

I have no problem using the backspace in the highlighted word to switch letters, is there a way to fix the ER key?
    02-18-09 10:45 PM
    Perhaps its a case of the SureType doesn't recognise any of the words (with an E) that you are typing? Just a thought? Do a Battery Pull
    02-19-09 05:12 AM
    You can add that word to your custom dictionary, SureType will learn the word.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 08:57 AM
    A battery pull will not fix it, once you type it a few times it will start to show up in your drop down menu....

02-19-09 09:19 AM
    You can do this without backspacing if you would rather use the trackball. While typing a word that isn't in the dictionary, the BB tries to build the word how it thinks the word should look. If its not putting the right letters you can roll back to that letter and change it by rolling the trackball up or down. To me the backspacing is much easier.

02-19-09 01:56 PM
    thats the problem.

An unknown E letter is not part of the drop down menu.

Like if i type

Flawiww... and want to add an "s", i can type an flawiwwa and scroll to the drop down to the Flawiwws.

If i want to type FlawiwwE, there is no way to scroll down from flawiwwr
    02-19-09 03:23 PM
    If you roll the trackball to the left while typing it allows you to single out one letter and choose its alternate by scrolling up or down. Like I said before.

02-19-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD