Like many, I've had my issues with Suretype. Yes, it works OK in standard message apps but try it in login situations and that's when you pull your hair out - both User Name and Password fields default to non-Suretype formats that make logging in impossible. They COULD have told me I had the option to set up my email via a computer at BlackBerry Internet Service, but NO - all instructions order you to set up your email accounts via the phone. What a joke.

On to Navigation (Telenav): Suretype is defeated completely - ONLY the first of the two letters can be entered. Pressing the key repeatedly gives the same letter (ex: a instead of s) repeatedly in succession. After 5 or 6 entries of thr wrong letter, it usually will enter the right (2nd) one, then you can laboriously use backspace & delete to edit it but that's crazy.

Try typing, say, Lawrence Ave. You can't type the letter W, not allowed. No, you can't access the Suretype/Multitap menu when in Navigation.

As always, your expertise is appreciated
    04-29-08 10:16 AM
    So why not just enable multi tap before entering the program, it seems like it may be a plausible option to me...annoying one..but plausible.

On all the pearls I have ever owned, never once did I use suretype for em, I would have been driven insane, it's not that suretype doesn't work, it's just that it doesn't work for ME! lol!
    04-29-08 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD