Ok so my SureType by default seems to say 'Mt' instead of 'my', it really annoys me because it happens all the time and other than that I rarely have a problem with ST..

I don't have 'Mt' in my custom dictionary, and I can't add 'my' to the custom dictionary because it "is already a word" (thats what the message says when i try to add)

any suggestions?
    02-26-08 12:04 PM
    Ok so my SureType by default seems to say 'Mt' instead of 'my', it really annoys me because it happens all the time and other than that I rarely have a problem with ST..

I don't have 'Mt' in my custom dictionary, and I can't add 'my' to the custom dictionary because it "is already a word" (thats what the message says when i try to add)

any suggestions?
    I think in theory SureTypeo "learns" what words you use more frequently and should move "my" to the top of the list. I see "mt" in my list too but it is 3 down, just above "MTV". if you send a few texts using "my" it should move default/move to the top.
    02-26-08 12:38 PM
    is that in your custom dictionary list or somewhere else?

I don't have either 'my' or 'Mt' in my custom dictionary list right now and I've sent at least a dozen txts/emails with 'my' in the past few days. Each time it default-tried to say 'Mt' and 'my' was the 3rd choice after 'Mt' and 'mt'

It says 'This word already exists' when i try to add 'my' to the custom dictionary even though 'my' isn't there anywhere on the list ('Mt' isn't on the list either so I'm confused about where it even gets this whole idea)... Is there a "general" dictionary list?
    02-26-08 12:56 PM
    options> auto text -- see if you can edit it in there
    02-26-08 01:09 PM
    Ok I tried Options >> Auto Text,

I told it to replace 'mt' with 'my' (all lower-case just like that)

Now when typing it looks like its gonna say 'Mt' still but when I actually type a space to go to the next word it switches it to 'My',

PROGRESS, Woo!

One problem though, now it says 'My' instead of 'my' (whether or not its the first word in a sentence) even though everything is in lower-case in the auto text rule...
    02-26-08 02:07 PM
    This is easily solveable if you know how. First of all, get rid of that autotext entry. That's not a good solution, as you've discovered.

Go to somewhere you can type text and type "my" 3 times in a row. Type "m" "y", scroll down to "my" and click, then press space. Repeat that 2 more times. By the fourth time, presto, "my" will be at the top of the list and it will stay there.

"Mt" came either from your address book or from emails that were sent to you. My BlackBerry was always putting in NY (New York) for "by" (not to mention that I've called "guys" "hits" a couple of times).
    02-26-08 08:12 PM
    Thank you thank you, thank you, seriously. (that worked)
    02-26-08 10:15 PM
    THANK YOU!
    I was having the same problem with typing "and" on suretype.... "sbd" would always pop up. yes i know "silent but deadly"
    01-13-09 09:54 AM
    This is easily solveable if you know how. First of all, get rid of that autotext entry. That's not a good solution, as you've discovered.

Go to somewhere you can type text and type "my" 3 times in a row. Type "m" "y", scroll down to "my" and click, then press space. Repeat that 2 more times. By the fourth time, presto, "my" will be at the top of the list and it will stay there.

"Mt" came either from your address book or from emails that were sent to you. My BlackBerry was always putting in NY (New York) for "by" (not to mention that I've called "guys" "hits" a couple of times).

magnifico!!
    01-13-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD