Hello folks, hope someone can help.

I've just recently gotten an 8120. While still learning about it, specifically how to get what I want out of suretype, suretype just disappeared on me.

The menu choice, enable suretype/enable (doubletap? dk what alt is), was not present.

The phone otherwise worked (almost) ok. Sometimes the back key wouldn't work, esp. in setup menus. Sometimes I got an uncaught exception error. Touch tones would play when I was dialing, but not after connecting - so I was unable to control voicemail. Internet browsing was ok, maps app worked, email ok. Google maps app worked.

To fix the problems, I reinstalled the latest OS which I got from the T-mo website. I am thinking I have no choice there - I've got the 'five' service from them. Anyway, it seemed to go fine, but now I only have the choice of 't-zones' for browser, and the map apps don't work (no internet available). I dl'd Opera's minibrowser, no internet there either.

Any ideas?
    05-11-08 07:53 PM
    Welcome to CB. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table. Press menu and select Register Now.
    05-11-08 08:05 PM
    Fantastic, that worked immediately. Thanks so much for your help.

Did I do the OS install incorrectly, did T-mo leave me hanging, or ______?
    05-11-08 09:28 PM
    No. Just when you reinstall an OS on the phone, you have to re-register it on the network.
    05-11-08 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD