Hi, I've had my 8130 almost 2 months now. I don't use it heavily, top it off via USB every night, at the end of the day I usually have all my battery bars still showing.
    Then today, by 3:30 (9 hours on), I was getting the 'low battery' warning And I didn't even use the phone today! I haven't added any new software, haven't changed any settings. What gives???
    12-28-07 08:49 PM
    what did you leave running......
    12-28-07 09:10 PM
    ..... or by chance were you in a location today that was either very weak EVDO, or just weak signal overall?
    12-28-07 09:17 PM
    Could be a program you installed. This happen to me when I downloaded opera mini. My batt did not last, my Navagator did not work properly, internet did not work more than 2 min. Find out was the last program you installed before your issue happened
    12-28-07 09:22 PM
    ..... or by chance were you in a location today that was either very weak EVDO, or just weak signal overall?
    You know I would have to agree with you. at my work in the server room service sucks, I can spend a day in there, and my battery would be at nothing, other days I'm good. The radio in the phone uses allot of more power to try and get signal.... hence sudden drop in battery
    12-28-07 09:26 PM
    Well, I didn't leave anything running (that I know of). How can I check to see what's running?
    I was in the usual signal area today. I only get 1X around here
    Haven't added any programs for over a month now.

????
    12-28-07 09:34 PM
    well getting one 1x if the phone is looking for is looking for EV that would be it.... But why all of a sudden. to check programs running besides your main ones on the screen, hold ALT and Back let go of back and still hold ALT then scroll over to aps and close them. like browser of a updating internet programs, something that keep running you must close app by going to menu and choosing close or exit.
    12-28-07 09:37 PM
    One 1x will sure do it plus what ever programs you got running in the background.
    12-28-07 09:45 PM
    I am new to this and my battery is always dying...What is the alt and back key?? to check and see whats running to shut them down

Thanks
    Dawn
    12-29-07 02:01 AM
    The alt key is the key in the lower left corner with the up and down arrorws (look closely) and the back key is the one on the right of the trackball. Also, a few days ago I had the same problem. I pulled the battery and put it back in. Believe it or not that fixed it. There was someting running I couldn't find, apparently.
    12-29-07 04:24 AM
    how do you turn off the programs once you know what is running in the background?
    12-29-07 08:06 AM
    how do you turn off the programs once you know what is running in the background?
    Menu key and click Close
    12-29-07 08:14 AM
    I didn't find anything unusual running on mine, but it locked up when I tried to shut it down last night so I had to resort to 'adaptive strategy' (battery pull ). We'll see how it goes today.
    12-29-07 10:22 AM
    Hopefully the pull fixed it, like I said before, one days I have good service my phone can last 3-4 days in the holster. That is not taking any calls and emails not answered.... But that only happened once. When I had the day off.
    12-29-07 04:24 PM
    I have had the same problem to pop up on my 8130 in the last week. I've also had it for just under 2 months. I understand what everyone is saying about the background apps but it still doesn't make full sense. Can someone tell me how to "properly" turn off apps? The one that I am a little suspicious of is Google Maps. I think the initial issues I had with my devise coincided with my adding the Google suite (Mail, News, Maps, Updater, Docs). I did return the initial battery to Verizon for a replacement and it worked fine for a couple of days. If I need to take the new apps off the phone, no big deal, but I'd still like help in knowing how to shut them down correctly.

Thanks.
    01-04-08 08:33 AM
    SNIP...... no big deal, but I'd still like help in knowing how to shut them down correctly.

Thanks.
    Josh...
    When done with an app, don't just use the back button, instead click menu, scroll down, click close. That should stop the app from running.
    Just using the back key will leave it running in the back ground.
    01-04-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD