Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, and I did try to search the forums before posting this...but to no avail

Is there a way to make my blackberry 8130 NOT automatically capitalize the first letter of a word? I'm trying to login to an account that is case sensitive and the first letter always defaults to caps.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please be gentle, I'm a Newbie

Thanks!

Tommy P.
    07-08-08 10:58 PM
    Backspace and make it a lowercase, that always works for me.

its not a stupid question.
    07-08-08 10:59 PM
    Type the letter, then delete it and type it again and it should be lower case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 11:00 PM
    Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, and I did try to search the forums before posting this...but to no avail

Is there a way to make my blackberry 8130 NOT automatically capitalize the first letter of a word? I'm trying to login to an account that is case sensitive and the first letter always defaults to caps.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please be gentle, I'm a Newbie

Thanks!

Tommy P.
    I dont think that capitalizes in a login page I have never seen that happen. Are we sure this is not user error?
    07-08-08 11:01 PM
    I dont think that capitalizes in a login page I have never seen that happen. Are we sure this is not user error?
    It capitalizes in Opera where a new space opens up when you click on login and then when you type in your user name its like typing a text/email hence the first letter gets capitalized.
    07-08-08 11:07 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone! And yes, I failed to mention that I was using the Opera Mini browser.

Problem solved, Thanks much!

Tommy
    07-08-08 11:18 PM
    Glad your problem was solved. by the way your question wasn't stupid.

07-08-08 11:29 PM
    No such thing as a stupid question!
    07-08-08 11:40 PM
    If there is no such thing as a stupid question, then can there really be Jumbo Shrimp?

Or how about 'What does the 'End Call' button do?

What does the 'Menu' button do?

07-09-08 01:35 AM
    If there is no such thing as a stupid question, then can there really be Jumbo Shrimp?

Or how about 'What does the 'End Call' button do?

What does the 'Menu' button do?

Thats too funny
    07-09-08 01:49 AM
    Why is the word abbreviation so long?

Why are apartments close together?

Why are there Braille instructions on drive-up ATMs?

07-09-08 07:07 PM
    There are no stupid questions on CrackBerry... here, it is stupid not to ask!!

To move on for an answer : in the BlackBerry Browser most username / pass fields should default to lower case to begin. If it does not, delete the char and retype and it will correct to lower case and not upper!!

07-09-08 07:09 PM
    Why are there Braille instructions on drive-up ATMs?

Thats what seeing eyedogs are for right?
    07-09-08 07:10 PM
    I agree with the no stupid question thing....I've asked a few "doozies" (like how do I start a new paragraph...duh) that I thought I'd get razzed on and everyone has been super terrific!
    07-09-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD