my pearl 8120 is set to auto off @ 1am then switch back on @6.30
    when i go to bed i put the pearl into it's charging cradle by the bed and start to count the ZZZzzzz's
    here's the problem while i'm happily sleeping the phone switches off and the green charging led starts flashing as soon as the battery is charged the green led stays on constantly this light unfortunately wakes my wife or stops her from going to sleep

ok i thought after being "told off" several times i'll just leave the phone on and the led won't flash ........ or so i thought
    obviously at some point through the night i get the odd email and guess what the led flashes this time even brighter than if it was on charge

this has not made me popular in my house one little bit

sooooooo is there a way of either switching off the charging led ......
    or switching off the radio / wifi automatically at a certain time

i had thought about putting it in another room but i use the alarm clock and i know i wouldn't wake up if it wasnt sat next to my head

thanks in advance for your help and suggestions (but know she refuses to wear a blindfold ;-))
    09-01-09 05:34 PM
    Just flip the phone around so you don't see the LED...lay it on its front

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 05:36 PM
    Change your profile for emails etc. I do that so no sounds from emails or tect wake me

09-01-09 10:17 PM
    You can disable LED alerts thru your profiles.

Go to profiles> advanced> choose the profile you use while sleeping> BB button> edit> choose your email address> repeat notifications> none.

You can also do that for SMS or any other kind of message you may receive.

Note- This is how it works on my 8130. I'm assuming it's the same 8120 but I don't know for a fact.

Hope this helps.
    09-02-09 06:34 PM
    If you change the ring profile to 'phone only' it will not notify you of arriving texts or emails. Just phone calls.
    09-03-09 03:07 PM
    Is it the phone or docking station?

09-03-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD