I have the v4.5.0.89 8130 Pearl and many times I will try to hit the standy button and it's like it stops working. It isn't only with the .89 update though as it did it before I updated also. Everything else works as normal but until I do a battery pull I cannot get my phone to go into standby. Does anyone know why this is happening? Also is there a program that will automatically go into standby after the phone is inactive for so long?
    01-20-09 09:34 PM
    the one thing with your stand by button not working try and blow some air out and into the button and see if that works oh and if you find that software let me know i have been looking for that also
    01-21-09 06:13 PM
    I have the same issue im running 4.5.79 or w/e vzw is.. I have read and found it is directly related to memory.

The mute button still works for me so I know it is not dust and it sounds the same for you since after you reset your phone it works.

Now I use my phone allday long and usually at some point the standby stops working and I use quickPull program so I dont have to yank the battery.

So I have yet to find a fix however.. I realized that when I have more mem free like 12mb or more it lasts a heck of alot longer than when say I have 5mb...

I really wish they would have more mem in this thing. I want to go to the curve for that reason.. the new pearl flip has even more mem too..

soon enough it will be time but for now Im stuck reseting the phone once a day.
    01-22-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD