Hi! I am getting my first blackberry - I want to use it for mostly text messaging and work email (Outlook.) Then the regular phone calls, etc - I would like to try out the GPS too. I am deciding between the AT&T Pearl 8110 and Sprint Pearl 8130 - Sprint has a great plan - $69.99 Everything Data, but I've been used to my GSM service with AT&T and SIM card. Any suggestions?? Would one internet be better than the other? Is one phone better than the other? Help!
    11-09-08 09:59 PM
    I'll throw in my .02 for sprint. They have some great plans with unlimited data and in my area, great service.
    11-09-08 10:03 PM
    Its really depends on the service in your area. The plan for sprint includes uncrippled GPS.

Sprints pearl uses EVDO which is 3G speeds for web browsing, while all ATT blackberries except for the bold use EDGE.

I miss GSM just for being able to swap to a different phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 10:14 PM
    Not to mention the fact that the Sprint Pearl is the upgraded version!
    11-10-08 08:10 PM
    Sprint has the best plans hands down. Customer service has been there issue though. I have the everything data 450 plan and I love it. I'm in the office most of the work day, so I have no need for a lot of anytime minutes.
    11-10-08 08:37 PM
    The everything plan includes free roaming and unlimited text. If you're a big texter you'll want sprint.
    11-10-08 08:55 PM
    Sprint actually just got rated the highest satisfaction rate with the lowest wait time for CS (it's on engadget somehwere). They are really picking things up. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 on Sprint, and I love it. Sprint has great plans, great service, and I really never have problems. Oh, and if you get a new phone (CDMA/Sprint Branded) you can swap your phone online! So the SIM card thing isn't that big of a deal. Fast Data, Unlimited Texting, and a newer device. What's there to lose?
    11-10-08 09:04 PM
    Definitely go with sprint, take it from me. I had att at one point, in a HIGH signal area and still could not make calls from my house. It is not worth the time or money to go to att.
    11-10-08 09:10 PM
    Don't know about ATT, but sprint has been pretty good to me. Family is on the 2100 minutes per month, 3 phones, 300 texts each, Blackberry plan, and data on other 2 phones at $170 per month. Aside from being difficult to understand, CS is good. Rarely have to wait (just don't ask tech support if anything new is coming...lol).... And GPS rocks....
    11-10-08 09:23 PM
    i have ATT and i like them although i like tmobile more lol
    11-10-08 09:28 PM
    Did I mention that sprint's evetthing plans include free roaming. Now if they would just include free call forwarding, they would truely Be "everything" plans

11-10-08 09:46 PM
    i gotta go with sprint as well, only because I prefer CDMA voice quality. Att sounds HORRIBLE most of the time and I can always tell when people are on their phones.

I personally have verizon, but they are def more expensive than sprint.
    11-10-08 10:01 PM
    I will vote for AT&T. I have them, and haven't had a problem that wasn't solved within a few minutes. The signal is strong in my area, and IMO the plans are reasonably priced. Also AT&T seems to get the newer phones a little sooner than Sprint. However, a lot of the correct decision rests on which has the stronger signal in your area.
    11-10-08 10:23 PM
    First check the coverage in your area, then compare plans to see the best one for you. I had ATT and the service and coverage was excellent. Never been with Sprint so I can't comment on that.
    11-10-08 10:28 PM
    I would say Sprint as mentioned by most of the comments. I have nothing bad to say about At&t. Sprint is cheaper and offers great unlimted plans. At&t might have a stronger coverage, but it just depends on were your located. Sprint does lack in getting new phones vs. At&t. If your not into having the latest phone as soon as it comes out and Sprint has strong coverage in your area then Sprint should be a hands down winner to you.
    Just my $0.02 though!!!!

11-10-08 10:41 PM
    ...and the People have spoken. Sprint seems to be the winner. I agree with the others; Sprint has excellent coverage, call quality, and their SEPs can't be beat. I have also had good experiences with CS as well. Sprint is the clear choice.
    11-11-08 01:11 AM
    Hello DMani, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. Sprint definitely has the largest and fastest mobile network: tinyurldotcom/6z24h4 Also, we carry the cheapest everything included plan on the market. The Sprint Simply Everything Plan is $99 for unlimited usage on any feature or function available on your phone, from texting to data browsing, everything. I am obviously biased, but I hope helped!
    11-12-08 10:41 AM
    8130/Sprint Fo' Sho'.

Fo' Sho'.
    11-12-08 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD