Is there a new OS for the Sprint 8130?
    Where is it?
    08-13-08 10:46 AM
    Is there a new OS for the Sprint 8130?
    Where is it?

Not from Sprint but this OS can be used from MTS Mobility on your 8130. http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...-0-56-a-60453/

Here are install instructions:

1. Back up data on DM under Back up/restore option and then disconnect from Desktop Manager incase install goes bad.
    2. Download desired OS to your PC
    3. Install/run OS to PC
    4. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    5. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    6. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    08-13-08 10:50 AM
    I'm running the one stickied at the top of this page and it works just fine on my sprint phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 11:55 AM
    Maybe someone can answer this regarding the new OS upgrade. After I upgrade to 4.5, will I have to go and do the whole memory opt. procedure outlined in Stoner's guide or will it carry over?
    08-13-08 12:09 PM
    Maybe someone can answer this regarding the new OS upgrade. After I upgrade to 4.5, will I have to go and do the whole memory opt. procedure outlined in Stoner's guide or will it carry over?
    You will have to re-optimize. It is a different OS so everything comes back.
    08-13-08 12:15 PM
    You will have to re-optimize. It is a different OS so everything comes back.
    The sample pictures and sample video never came back for me......my free memory is right around where it was before I put the new OS on. The Sprint TV stuff didn't come back either. Atleast it's not listed under the applications.
    Last edited by MikeTampa; 08-13-08 at 12:54 PM.
    08-13-08 12:51 PM
    The sample pictures and sample video never came back for me......my free memory is right around where it was before I put the new OS on.

Yes those were removed from this OS but other things need to be re-optimized.
    08-13-08 12:54 PM
    Yes those were removed from this OS but other things need to be re-optimized.

Oh ok, so this was a relatively "cleaner" OS? If so, that's pretty cool. When I went through the apps loader to make sure Docs To Go was installed, I noticed a lot of the stuff I had originally removed was still removed, which was nice.

For example, what stuff has come back that I need to remove? I can't, off the top of my head, think of anything I need to remove. I just realized I forgot to run Crackmem last night, so I should probably do that when I get home.
    08-13-08 12:59 PM
    Oh ok, so this was a relatively "cleaner" OS? If so, that's pretty cool. When I went through the apps loader to make sure Docs To Go was installed, I noticed a lot of the stuff I had originally removed was still removed, which was nice.

For example, what stuff has come back that I need to remove? I can't, off the top of my head, think of anything I need to remove. I just realized I forgot to run Crackmem last night, so I should probably do that when I get home.

If you deleted your Vendor theme on your last OS, then you would have to redelete. Also I'm not sure if the 8130 has this but if it has Voice activating dialing and you deleted before, then you would need to redelete that as well.
    08-13-08 01:07 PM
    If you deleted your Vendor theme on your last OS, then you would have to redelete. Also I'm not sure if the 8130 has this but if it has Voice activating dialing and you deleted before, then you would need to redelete that as well.
    No, I didn't delete the vendor theme last time, but I did delete VAD, which I forgot to do last night. I'll do that tonight....infact, shouldn't Crackmem do that for me if I'm not mistaken?

Thanks!
    08-13-08 01:10 PM
    Thanks for the input guys. These are the little details that a lot of people don't think about after they upgrade. Love this site!
    08-13-08 01:17 PM
    I have sprint so will this download delete my telenav icon and sprints tv and such.
    08-13-08 02:19 PM
    I have sprint so will this download delete my telenav icon and sprints tv and such.
    No
    Do you have a telenav icon or a Sprint Navigation Icon? They are two different programs.
    08-13-08 06:03 PM
    i'm sorry I have the sprint navigation icon.
    08-13-08 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD