Earlier this week my trackball on my Sprint 8130 Pearl broke. It stopped moving (like it was stuck in one spot) and I tried pushing down in the direction it wouldn't move. Then I took out the trackball and used alcohol to clean it. Both these methods worked for me in the past, but didn't seem to be doing the job this time. Well when I went to put the trackball back into the phone the casing holding the trackball fell apart in my hand. To make a long story short, I have to take the entire phone to another city to have a Sprint tech put it back together or get new parts. It is bitterly cold here (just like it is elsewhere) and I teach full time. I haven't had the time to take it to have it fixed and my heater isn't fully working so it will be a long, cold drive.

I have figured out how to use the keyboard shortcuts to access email and I can still use the pearl as a phone to take and make calls. What I can't figure out is how to move my cursor around my screen to access other icons on that screen without using the trackball. I can't access either of my browsers to connect to the internet. I am lucky my first icon is my text icon so I can receive my emails and texts.

I've checked the blackberry shortcuts and didn't see anything listed that deals with this situation. If anyone knows of a shortcut I'd appreciate knowing what it is.

I realize I may have to wait until I get the trackball fixed but am hopeful that there is a temporary fix for this problem.

Thanks for any assistance,
    Kat
    01-16-09 08:10 AM
    I cant help you with your question but if you follow this link it may help you get your trackball back in place.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    01-16-09 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD