One of the best features of the Sprint's $30 BIS plan is that it includes Sprint Navigation to use the GPS in the plan for free compared to Verizon making you have to pay more then their $30 plan to use Verizon's nav software.

There is a problem that Sprint is working on with Sprint Navigation and Telenav in getting it to recognize it's part of the the $30 plan and also getting to work with 8130 after the intitial "trial" period.

Here's my story. Got my Sprint 8130 on Black Friday. Downloaded Sprint Navigation from the phone. When it loads up it sets me up for a "trial" for I think it was 24 hrs. After that it says it will be $2.99 a day or $9.99 a month. After my "trial" period it is, it gives me the option of choosing the daily plan or monthly plan, both with charges. You shouldn't be charged at all because it's part of the plan. So I call up Sprint and they tell me to click on the $9.99 plan and they will credit my account $10 because there is a problem with it linking it to accounts and the BIS plan currently. I finish the call and then proceed to click on the $9.99 monthly plan. It then sends me to a page that says I need to "purchase by credit card via WAP Store" and to click on the Purchase via Credit Card link(not that I would pay any money out of pocket to begin with, but still I clicked it). It then says Alert: Your phone model is invalid. Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-SPRINT-1 2007 Telenav. I called up Sprint again and spoke with a tech person who confirmed that there is a problem with Sprint and Telenav. Sprint Navigation does in fact work with the 8130, but there is something wrong with Telenv knowing that(even though it in fact does load up and work during the trial period) and that it's gone to the higher ups in the companies and tech people to get this resolved as quickly as possibly. No ETA on when it will be fixed, but if you call up Sprint and talk to a rep if you experience the problem with your 8130 and BIS plan you should get a $10 credit to your account. The tech lady I spoke with was compiling a list of callers who have this problem and she said she's had quite a few so far last night and will send out an email when the problem is fixed. No idea when though. Sigh.
    11-27-07 01:07 PM
    Is the GPS unlocked ? As in can you use it with BB Maps or Google Maps ?
    11-27-07 02:47 PM
    i called sprint i even call telenav and they couldn't sove the problem
    i think they shouldreturn all data plan charged
    11-28-07 12:37 AM
    My navigation works fine on the $30 plan -- but I just had it changed today from the $40 plan.

However, Ramble stopped working. It just says "connecting" constantly. I think I have learned that you need the BES for chat programs to work? Have I lost the ability to do anything else that I am unaware of?
    11-28-07 01:45 AM
    Same problem. I called Sprint on Sunday and the technician I spoke with seemed to understand that this was a configuration problem on their end. She couldn't give me an ETA but promised to escalate it to TeleNav. Hopefully this won't take them too long to sort out.
    11-28-07 11:14 AM
    Same problem. I called Sprint on Sunday and the technician I spoke with seemed to understand that this was a configuration problem on their end. She couldn't give me an ETA but promised to escalate it to TeleNav. Hopefully this won't take them too long to sort out.
    Hopefully they get it fixed sooner than later. The weird thing is it worked during the trial. There was no handset capability issues, etc. It's when it came down to paying for it when you're not supposed to it acted up. I wonder if Telenav/Sprint worked out and fully understood each other about Sprint Navigation being part of the $30 plan and not having to pay additional for it.
    11-28-07 11:58 AM
    Hopefully they get it fixed sooner than later. The weird thing is it worked during the trial. There was no handset capability issues, etc. It's when it came down to paying for it when you're not supposed to it acted up. I wonder if Telenav/Sprint worked out and fully understood each other about Sprint Navigation being part of the $30 plan and not having to pay additional for it.
    I started this battle with sprint CS last night, they bounced me to Blackberry Support, they bounced me to Telenav support, They bounced me back to sprint TS. I was told to purchase at 9.99/mo but got a message stating phone is invalid. Called Sprint TS this morning to resolve...received $9.99 credit and was informed that a patch is being worked on with no ETA. "Hopefully it gets working soon" was the ending quote of the sprint representative.
    11-30-07 09:10 AM
    I started this battle with sprint CS last night, they bounced me to Blackberry Support, they bounced me to Telenav support, They bounced me back to sprint TS. I was told to purchase at 9.99/mo but got a message stating phone is invalid. Called Sprint TS this morning to resolve...received $9.99 credit and was informed that a patch is being worked on with no ETA. "Hopefully it gets working soon" was the ending quote of the sprint representative.
    Yeah. I called back again last night at they said the problem is flagged in RED on their screens. The ETA of the patch was 24-48 hours, but no definite fix yet. At least we're only pay $20 for our Blackberry plans this month.
    12-01-07 10:39 AM
    A few days later and my above post no longer applies. I am receiving the same "Purchase for a day, or...." screen. Quite frustrating, as 70% of the reason I pay the additional fees on an already expensive plan is for the navigation services.
    12-02-07 11:15 PM
    As of this morning, it looks like the problem with Sprint Navigation is fixed for those of us with the 8130 and BIS plans. I loaded up Sprint Nav this morning to see if anyting changed and instead of it asking me if I want to play 2.99 or 9.99 it gave me a disclaimer about how I should use the phone while driving or something and if I accepted it. Once I accepted it, it continued to load Sprint Nav and brought me to the program screen to go about my GPS Navigation needs. Sweeet!
    12-03-07 11:58 AM
    As of this morning, it looks like the problem with Sprint Navigation is fixed for those of us with the 8130 and BIS plans. I loaded up Sprint Nav this morning to see if anyting changed and instead of it asking me if I want to play 2.99 or 9.99 it gave me a disclaimer about how I should use the phone while driving or something and if I accepted it. Once I accepted it, it continued to load Sprint Nav and brought me to the program screen to go about my GPS Navigation needs. Sweeet!
    I loaded mine up today as well and found it to work. Then, at 11:23am EST, I received a text message from Sprint? It says "Sprint Navigation is included in your current Sprint plan. To download, select OPTIONS and then go to URL. ~apparently i can't post urls yet...
    I haven't gone to that link yet because my navigation is currently working and I think I will go with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" proverb.

Thanks for the info everybody!
    12-03-07 04:05 PM
    Ya, I got the txt msg a little while ago too. Now I can walk outside and get lost and find my way home.
    12-03-07 04:07 PM
    lol now if they can fix the sprint tv issue ill be all set lol
    12-03-07 05:25 PM
    lol now if they can fix the sprint tv issue ill be all set lol
    Gulp.. What Sprint TV issue???
    12-03-07 05:38 PM
    mine isnt working they said they were having issues with it i guess lolol
    cannot connect to it for some reason after the 10th person that was trying to figure it out i just hung up lol
    12-03-07 05:50 PM
    Mine still isn't working, but I called today and got the $10 credit for the month...
    12-03-07 06:25 PM
    I got the text from sprint today as well. Is there a problem with sprint tv?
    12-03-07 07:01 PM
    My husband and I purchased two Sprint BB 8130. The telenav trial is working on my phone, but the trial will not work on his phone because you can only have ONE working trial per overall family account. After every phone call into Sprint, I have them email me their response for my records...short answers NO resolution in the future...calling for my $10/phone credit now_

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:35 PM
    To: jpittore
    Subject: Sprint Nav.
    This is Katelyn from Sprint tech support writing you to let you know that only the Trial version for Sprint Navgation works on the device right now. We do not have a version out for the Blackberry 8130, and we do not have an estimated time on when we will be getting the version out. If Customer has 2 blackberry devices on account of the 8130 it will only work for one device.. it will ask for subscription on the other.
    12-04-07 08:54 PM
    My husband and I purchased two Sprint BB 8130. The telenav trial is working on my phone, but the trial will not work on his phone because you can only have ONE working trial per overall family account. After every phone call into Sprint, I have them email me their response for my records...short answers NO resolution in the future...calling for my $10/phone credit now_

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:35 PM
    To: jpittore
    Subject: Sprint Nav.
    This is Katelyn from Sprint tech support writing you to let you know that only the Trial version for Sprint Navgation works on the device right now. We do not have a version out for the Blackberry 8130, and we do not have an estimated time on when we will be getting the version out. If Customer has 2 blackberry devices on account of the 8130 it will only work for one device.. it will ask for subscription on the other.
    Hmm.. That makes no sense to me. If you have two 8130s and you're paying $30 for EACH of them to have the BIS Plan then they both should be able to use Sprint Nav for free. It's two charges for the $30 each. Even if you're sharing minutes from the plan each phone is able to have different charges for each number. If they give you a $10 service credit every month that could solve things I guess, but still..
    12-05-07 12:36 PM
    I think everybody should have received a txt msg two days ago to download the new Sprint Navigation. I clicked the link and got version 1.0.0.19 and now my NAV works.

I is included in the $30 blackberry pack... and i did get the $10 credit for this month too
    12-05-07 07:54 PM
    i just called sprint and telenav and they both are saying that telenav is not supported on the 8130. sprint tells me that the navigation that they offer is sprint navigation, not telenav, anyone else having this issue? im getting really frustrated with sprint right now. i did not get a txt from sprint but i did get one from telenav saying that telenav is included in my sprint bill and gave me a phone number to activate it but when i called they said they don't know when telenav will be avail thru sprint on the 8130
    12-10-07 10:14 PM
    Here is the link from the text msg: TeleNav

After the download, my Sprint Navigation (telenav or not) now works.

FYI... one Sprint CC rep said that it would stop working in 2 mo. Who knows. I guess we'll see when/if that time comes.
    12-11-07 04:15 AM
    Hi

I had the same problem as you. Typical Sprint. I bought the phone on Black Friday and my nav software soon there after expired. I called Sprint Tech support who passed me along to Sprint sales.

When I bought the phone, the women at the Sprint store sold me the 40 dollar Blackberry plan, when I asked about the 30 dollar plan she told me there was only one blackberry plan and its 40 dollars. The Sprint women on the phone said I should have the new 30 dollar Blackberry plan which includes Nav. She put me on hold and when she returned she said it should be working. Sure enough it was and has been since.

At that time the Sprint women on the phone said I wasnt the first to call about this issue. Obviously another case of Sprint not being on the same page. We can only hope Sprints new CEO can right this dysfunctional ship or at lease put out an email to store staff about new pricing plans.
    12-12-07 12:38 AM
    GPS is UNLOCKED on the Sprint 8130!!!! Just used Google Maps. Uber Sweet. As far as Navigation goes. Mine worked fine from the start. I did have to call Sprint Blackberry support and have my data services reprovisioned because Sprint TV and the Browser were acting up. After the reprovision everything works flawlessly. I would attribute the problem to Sprint releasing the phone before all the plan bugs could be worked out. Hope everybody gets their problems fixed.
    12-12-07 07:08 PM
    This plan really does exist - give this information to the Sprint rep when you call. If necessary speak with account services (i.e. the folks who cancel service) and they will be familiar with this plan.

Effective 11/19/07, the $30 Power Vision BlackBerry Data Pack is available in P2K, Premiere, and PSA.

Effective 11/19, this plan will also be made available in P2K, Premiere, and PSA.

P2K billed customers will no longer be required to convert to Ensemble/CSM to get this plan.

$30 Power Vision BlackBerry Data Pack:

P2K/Premiere/PSA:

Consumer/Individual Liable Single Line: #C BBPK EVDOSTV3$30

Consumer/Individual Liable Family Line: #L BBPK EVDOSTV3$30

Ensemble/CSM: PDSTVBKCE

$15 Phone as Modem plan (available to $30 BlackBerry Data Pack subscribers):

P2K/Premiere/PSA:
    #C PAM ATT $15

Ensemble/CSM: PAM15UNL
    12-19-07 05:49 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD