For me this is the number one biggest complaint I have about my BB.
    Note: It is the only complaint!

When I got to look at something on the internet, my home page (google) loads instantly sometimes, and other times it will sit there for minutes! Why is it not consistant? I will close the browser, open it again, and still it will take a while. And I usually have 3-5 bars EVDO coverage, so it's not reception..

I just don't get it.. Does anyone else have this problem? It's frustrating to know how quickly it can work sometimes, and then have to wait around watching the "Requesting..." loading over and over..

Any ideas? Hard reset of course works, but really I shouldn't have to do that..
    01-18-08 01:19 PM
    Actually a funny thing I notice is the activity of the yellow data transfer arrow icons dat appear in da upper right screen of the phone.

Sometimes they'll randomly start flashing, and then other times they'll appear like 2-3 seconds before an incoming call or messge comes through.the arrows serve as kind of either a tease, or a heads up that something's about to come my way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-08 01:57 PM
    Yeah and so I'll close Gmail and Gtalk and anything else that could be open using bandwidth... and doesn't help at all!

So infuriating! Help!
    01-18-08 08:17 PM
    Actually a funny thing I notice is the activity of the yellow data transfer arrow icons dat appear in da upper right screen of the phone.

Sometimes they'll randomly start flashing, and then other times they'll appear like 2-3 seconds before an incoming call or messge comes through.the arrows serve as kind of either a tease, or a heads up that something's about to come my way.

Haha, i thought mine was the only one that did that.

As for your problem Wegmans, i think i might have a similar problem. Hard reset usually fixes it.

Or worse it seems like that if i do alot of browsing the EVDO coverage just disappears! i will only have 1 x and cant recieved BBM either. But once again a hard reset solves that.

Sorry i don't have any answers for you....im looking for some myself.
    01-18-08 09:56 PM
    Here are my observations after a couple of weeks of browsing on the pearl. If you're in an area where evdo or 1x coverage dips to where you lose your signal, it won't restore the data connection when you do regain the signal. It's as if data gets turned off. Only turning your BB off and on (or a battery pull) will restore data connectivity. Sometimes you don't realize you've lost data as the signal can quickly dip. Then you get the no data coverage message. Sometimes you get no message and the browser just stalls at requesting... Anyway, I'm hoping RIM can fix this. I've seen posts from both Verizon and Sprint pearl owners.

01-18-08 11:44 PM
    I'm having a connection issue as well, it is starting to drive me nuts. I get the sporadic connection, when my browser will work, and then I try loading another page, like for example, I hit the crackberry shortcut, crackberry opens, I then choose an area I'd like to check out, say the 8130 forum and suddenly, my connection no longer works. I haven't moved, so it shouldn't be reception. It's also beginning to screw with my messenger clients, mostly BB Messenger (sometimes JiveTalk, which at least tells me I have a connection issue, because it won't log in, BB Messenger just hangs, no error message) it'll hang close to ten minutes sometimes without having delivered a message I've sent, if it even delivers at all. Sometimes it requires a reboot to actually get the message delivered. I'm thinking about going into Sprint tomorrow and getting my Berry replaced. Anyone else having this problem? (Mainly in regards to Messenger)
    01-18-08 11:55 PM
    Here's a thought: any Alltell users experiencing the above issues? Maybe it's fixed with the latest revision.

01-18-08 11:56 PM
    I'm using the .81 OS.
    01-19-08 12:06 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. Its the only complaint I have with the 8130.

Last edited by wingnut73; 01-19-08 at 01:50 PM.
    01-19-08 04:49 AM
    Here's a thought: any Alltell users experiencing the above issues? Maybe it's fixed with the latest revision.

Alltel here and yes, I do experience the same problem. In fact, had to reset it earlier today. Sometimes I will drop to a full signal bar with lowercase 1xev. A reset brings it back to life. ??? I was switching from an 8830 but now I am not so sure.
    01-19-08 07:50 PM
    I'm having a connection issue as well, it is starting to drive me nuts. I get the sporadic connection, when my browser will work, and then I try loading another page, like for example, I hit the crackberry shortcut, crackberry opens, I then choose an area I'd like to check out, say the 8130 forum and suddenly, my connection no longer works. I haven't moved, so it shouldn't be reception. It's also beginning to screw with my messenger clients, mostly BB Messenger (sometimes JiveTalk, which at least tells me I have a connection issue, because it won't log in, BB Messenger just hangs, no error message) it'll hang close to ten minutes sometimes without having delivered a message I've sent, if it even delivers at all. Sometimes it requires a reboot to actually get the message delivered. I'm thinking about going into Sprint tomorrow and getting my Berry replaced. Anyone else having this problem? (Mainly in regards to Messenger)
    wow SAME thing happens to me.. im going in tomorrow this is annoying
    05-18-08 01:46 AM
    Same here, just tried a battery pull, and before that I powered off/powered back on a few times. I even went outside to make sure I had complete reception. This is driving me insane. I just used the internet explorer a few hours ago! Please help.

P.S. I have had my BB for about a month now and this is the first time experiencing this problem.......and yes, i pay my bill, haha.
    Last edited by nofx4you; 05-18-08 at 02:49 AM.
    05-18-08 02:47 AM
    I have this same problem too, on Sprint. As others have pointed out I think it happens when I go somewhere where I lose signal for a second, and the data services don't re-initialize right. It really sucks because I live in an area with weak EVDO coverage, which means I lose data a lot.

I have this problem with 0.71, 0.81, and 0.97, although for some reason I think it happens the most often with 0.97.

One thing I figured out is that you don't need to do a battery pull to get it back on, just turn off your wireless network, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on again.
    05-19-08 02:56 AM
    I have the same issue as skoink and I resolve it the same way.

I am really thinking that they have put in some sort of data-caps to keep network traffic down. I have also noticed that there will be caps of 8.4 megabytes for file downloads during peak hours of the day. They are doing things that they are not telling anyone about....

Dm

05-19-08 08:49 AM
    I have an ATT Pearl 8120 with wifi. I work at home, where there is no cell service, so I rely on wifi (for everything but voice calls.) I have the same problem.... the internet works great, and then occasionally dies. I've checked the wifi connection and it shows green (connected). I've pulled the battery which seems to fix it.

Interestingly, my email (which goes thru a BES server) is unaffected. Only my browser and some apps that use the internet.

I'm on OS v4.3.0.91
    05-19-08 11:06 AM
    i have t-mobile and this happens to me too. i couldn't get my browser or opera mini to connect. it said to try again later, and if the problem persists to call the network administrator. yeah right. i just waited a while and it worked again. i average about 4 bars on EDGE at my office but ... sometimes it just doesn't work and the requesting bar restarts like 5 times and a message comes up saying it's timed out. stupid.

so i guess it couldn't really be ALL our carriers is it? i think it's more likely a bb problem. saddening
    05-19-08 02:09 PM
    I just made a thread about this on the 'official' Blackberry support forums (supportforums.blackberry.com), and I'm also starting a case with Sprint's Blackberry support center. I've found them to actually pretty helpful most of the time.

To all other users having this problem, please respond here and also in the official forums, and try to get in touch with your service provider's Blackberry support line (it's usually an American-run high-tier department). If a few of us push this issue, we might be able to get to the bottom of it. We pay for data service and we are entitled to it.
    05-19-08 02:53 PM
    i have t-mobile and this happens to me too. i couldn't get my browser or opera mini to connect. it said to try again later, and if the problem persists to call the network administrator. yeah right. i just waited a while and it worked again. i average about 4 bars on EDGE at my office but ... sometimes it just doesn't work and the requesting bar restarts like 5 times and a message comes up saying it's timed out. stupid.

so i guess it couldn't really be ALL our carriers is it? i think it's more likely a bb problem. saddening
    I have the same problem i thought it was my router. Sometimes I have connection and sometimes I don't.
    05-19-08 03:19 PM
    It seems to me i can never get internet to work before 7AM... even after cursing and pulling the battery...

I can't wait till all these quirks are ironed out!
    05-19-08 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD