I took mine out and colored the LED with a purple sharpie and it looked great for about 3 days or so and now it has turned white again, it still looks good just not purple Has anyone else had this problem at all?
    03-01-08 06:40 PM
    Is your thumb now purple?

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-08 07:03 PM
    I don't recommend that, but some people do that I guess. I heard a guy bought some see through red film and covered the LED. Try that and post a pic of it! Would love to see someone pull the ball apart and color their LED!
    03-01-08 07:09 PM
    I took mine out and colored the LED with a purple sharpie and it looked great for about 3 days or so and now it has turned white again, it still looks good just not purple Has anyone else had this problem at all?
    why not download the colorpearl app, it lets you change the color of the ball by illuminating the led's behind it. it works great
    03-01-08 07:17 PM
    because the color pearl app does not work on the 8130 or 8110 or 8120...

ONLY THE 8100 has the necessary colored leds under the trackball...

ours have one white one only...

-db
    03-01-08 07:19 PM
    Mine looks colored but it's just the way the picture came out

03-01-08 07:37 PM
    I painted some magic tape red with a sharpie and I used small pieces to cover the LED. At first it looked pink but I kept adding pieces and I have 4 small pieces of tape and it looks red! Is very nice. People that see my phone and the have the same one they are always shocked by the trackball being red.
    03-01-08 11:31 PM
    Just got my 8830 today, I couldn't imagine taking it apart...

03-02-08 12:02 AM
    I did it also, it went back to white in time, the marker just goes away.
    03-02-08 12:05 AM
    If you want to go red, use some brake light repair tape from your automotive store to cover the LED's.
    03-02-08 01:33 AM
    My Trackball is silver. Then again my 8100 is made of foam sooo...
    03-02-08 02:25 AM
    Is your thumb now purple?

-db

Nope it didnt come off on my thumb...strange I thought maybe the brightness of the LED just washed it out kinda like something you leave in the sun, I dont know if thats possible not though. Maybe the tape suggestion would work better but I'm not sure If I wanna take it apart again or not....
    03-02-08 06:44 AM
    Mine looks colored but it's just the way the picture came out

Yeah, it definately looks blue in the pic, I guess your berry is photogenic ha ha
    03-02-08 06:50 AM
    my wife got hers pre-order in November i got mine in the beginning of feb. Mine definitely has a blue hue to it compared to my wifes who's is a true white (trackball and keyboard) mine is more of a blueish white (trackball and keyboard light)
    03-02-08 02:12 PM
    my wife got hers pre-order in November i got mine in the beginning of feb. Mine definitely has a blue hue to it compared to my wifes who's is a true white (trackball and keyboard) mine is more of a blueish white (trackball and keyboard light)
    Thats interesting because I have noticed in pictures of the Pearl 8130 even at my same carrier (Sprint Store) that the trackball and keyboard look blue in the pictures.
    03-02-08 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD