I feel so dumb! I should have read the instructions! It seemed as though no matter what I did, my Pearl's memory just wouldn't increase. Deleting everything, clearing event log, soft reset, battery pull, NOTHING WORKED! so this morning I got frustrated and went through the How to Increase Memory thread and saw the MaxMem app.

Unfortunately I didn't realize what I was doing and deleted suretype!!! and of course, didn't make backups of anything, because hey, i never do ANYTHING wrong! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

I've read that an OS re-install will help but i have a Mac computer, is that possible? Does anyone have any good instructions for doing this?

Is there any other way to get SureType back??

Please help i want my suretype back.
    03-16-09 12:31 PM
    Use parallels or fusion to install windows and then install DM. I believe you can get a trial of the emulators

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 12:45 PM
    i would recomment getting access to a windows based pc and Use internet explorer and go to rims web based Os update page

Blackberry Update
    03-16-09 02:14 PM
    i did the same thing!!!! i'm SOOOO mad, and i'm trying to restore but have had no luck yet!!!
    HELP! HELP!
    03-23-09 01:42 PM
    reptilegirl:
    i ended up taking it to the Verizon store, where they said they would restore the OS for me, since i didn't really have a PC readily available.

BUT...when he tried to do the restore it wouldn't work!!!

so they gave me a new pearl. i'm kind of annoyed that the problem wasn't solved on that one but at least i have a new pearl with suretype.
    03-24-09 10:18 AM
    i just did the same thing. has anyone discovered any simpler solutions than a reinstall of the operating system?
    05-31-09 05:28 PM
    i just did the same thing! AH!

help?!
    06-14-09 07:42 PM
    Wow! I'm not the only one who been through this! Thanks for the helping hands but I am not near a pc or mac and I'm on t-mobile. Hopefully they can put it back together for me! Such a amature mistake! Nothing that resembles eng should be deleted when using max mem!

08-10-09 12:04 PM
    I am concerned about these reports, but I can not duplicate them in testing. I have recommended MaxMem for the past year.

I have installed MaxMem v0.4 and tested each of the available functions.

None of them has impacted SureType.

SureType or MultiTap is selected at:

Options / Languages. Input Language offers the choice of one or the other. Unfortunaly, the default font truncates the language option, you have to select it to see the full description.

08-10-09 01:01 PM
    So is there a way to get back the stuff maxmem took out without using a pc or mac? I am computerless at the moment and I'm a bit affraid to send out emails w/o a spell check! Pm me if nec. Thanks!

08-10-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD