Sorry for asking what is probably obvious but I have worked all day to learn as much as I can on my new BB 8130 but I have yet to figure how to assign specific ringtones/sounds to SMS for different people. So far I do not even know how to change the default sound for incoming text messages. I have looked in the user guide and search around. Please help.
    11-30-07 04:09 PM
    I agree- I can't find anything on this either.

edit: found it.

Applications> Profiles> scroll to very bottom(Advanced...)>Select the Profile you want to edit.>SMS Text
    Last edited by biomimetic; 11-30-07 at 04:45 PM.
    11-30-07 04:29 PM
    Well I now know how to change the default tone for text and all others. You go to profile>adv> hit menu and create new profile and then can set all sounds as wanted. Setting a sound for an individual text I still can not find and it may not be available. Hope this helps. Just keep playing and you find everything.
    11-30-07 04:43 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Just got my 8130 today and I figured out how to set tones for an individual contact. But I would like to know how to set the default SMS text message tone to a different one than what came defaulted. I'm not sure if that makes sense...but I basically want a different tone for all others besides the one contact I've made different so far.....?
    11-30-07 09:25 PM
    See my post above. Its the last edit.
    12-01-07 04:37 PM
    Add an exception. Also, this guide, will help you setup profiles correctly...
    12-01-07 05:18 PM
    So I've been looking at all the posts about setting different tones for SMS messages from different people.

I did this: Applications> Profiles> scroll to very bottom(Advanced...)>Select the Profile you want to edit.>SMS Text

However, when I get to the profile(s) I don't have the SMS option. The only thing it shows is that I have a different ring tone set up. I've hit menu and it doesn't show SMS either..help?

Thanks..A
    03-12-08 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD