So yesterday, my bb was working fine, I was sending text messages out, they were coming in, and they were staying on my phone until I deleted them.

Today, however- whole other story.

I received two texts from my sister, I read them both, I had to put my bb down to answer my work phone- I TOUCHED NOTHING ON THE BB! I answered my call, sent a fax....picked up my BB to reply to one of my sis' two SMS texts, and they were gone! It said "No messages". All the incoming and outgoing messages from all of today so far are just disappearing, with no reason. I did not alter the settings at all, at any point today.

WTH?

I have gone through all the places I can think of, the Options menu, checked as many settings as I can think of, but can find no reason why all of a sudden my BB is deleting messages on its own.

Any ideas? Please help, its really frustrating.
    thanks.
    sarah
    07-14-08 07:09 PM
    You are low on memory.
    07-14-08 07:19 PM
    Ok.. there is only one reason why... probally

Go to options (the wrench) ==> Status ==> Free Memory.. If that number is lower than 10,000,000 then thats why. You probally have a really small number

Let me know if this is the case.. If so, search Stoners guide in the forums and he has a nice detailed list of how to free up lots of memory.
    07-14-08 07:19 PM
    ok, Naudan, I went to where you said to look. I don't see it saying "free memory" though. I go Options- Status- and it gives me a list:

signal
    Battery
    File Free 1033877 bytes
    File Total 50462720 Bytes
    Pin
    ESN (dec)
    ESN (hex)

Is that what I'm supposed to be seeing? Because if "File Free" is the same as you saying I'd see "Free Memory", then I do have way less than 10,000,000. That means I've got only 1,033,877 left right?

So how do I free up more memory?

Thanks!
    Sarah
    07-14-08 07:42 PM
    Read this to start: How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

I'm sure others will post other helpful sites. Good luck.
    07-14-08 07:47 PM
    yep its working, THANK YOU! I removed the memo app, the sample video and a few other things I'm sure I don't use (and if I removed it it wouldn't mess anything else up!) and my number is now "File Free 16,139,297" so yeah- that's what it was alright.
    07-14-08 08:00 PM
    yep its working, THANK YOU! I removed the memo app, the sample video and a few other things I'm sure I don't use (and if I removed it it wouldn't mess anything else up!) and my number is now "File Free 16,139,297" so yeah- that's what it was alright.
    Very good. You won't have any memory issues for a long time to come
    07-14-08 08:02 PM
    I'm only having this issue with incoming SMS messages. My file free says 11429942, I have a pearl 8130. My bb was fine at 2am when I recieved my last texts, but at 7:30 when I woke up they were gone. I've deleted unused apps as much as I can, and don't know where to go from here. Help!!

Thanks!
    Amanda
    05-11-10 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD