Hello all,

I got a 8130 pearl 2 days ago, and i'm loving it so far. one thing that i have been trying to figure out is if there's a shortcut for sending text messages once you're finished typing them out...like there's a shortcut to reply (pressing ! )

thanks!
    05-16-08 06:43 PM
    I just to use a 8130; if I recall, after typing the message and press the application key, it should default to 'send' so that when you press the 'enter' key or press the trackball it should sent it.

Is that to what you were referring?
    05-16-08 06:48 PM
    yeah that is what i was referring to, but i was just wondering if there's a way to cut out that middle step of going to the menu....in other words is it possible to skip having to press app menu THEN send

i hope i'm making it clear enough haha. thanks for your help!
    05-16-08 07:13 PM
    just press in the trackball and a small menu pops up and the Send button should be highlighted and press the trackball again
    05-16-08 08:35 PM
    No shortcut available for SEND. As mentioned, quickest method is hitting trackball twice.
    05-17-08 07:30 AM
    They should really do something about that. I text a lot, and just being able to send with the click of one button would help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 09:58 AM
    That's what I've always wanted to, I text all the time and having to avoid pressing the trackball twice, and just hitting send would help, but it has gotten me out of a couple dozen texts that I was glad I didn't send on accident

For ex, one time I was talking to my gf and she was putting oil in her car, and I meant to say,
    Did you use it?
    The sh*t grade?
    but I almost sent
    Did you use it?
    Sh*t head?

LOL!
    02-09-09 08:09 PM
    No shortcut available for SEND. As mentioned, quickest method is hitting trackball twice.
    Through the multiple ways to send, I've found this by far the fastest. Once it becomes natural, it's just like having that shortcut key
    02-09-09 10:53 PM
    I concur -- While this is natural -- I despise having to hit the trackball 2 times. I am desperately trying to set a hot key or something instead of Menu / Send. Any one else have any other ideas? I TEXT A LOT! and it would be great if I the menu went back to the unread messages. Ie.
    When I am in a Text bodt message - Hit Menu, Send and have it go and open the Next unread text - sort of like Instant Message...
    Thanks everyone -- what a wealth of information this is!
    05-01-09 09:57 PM
    I mentioned this as a feature add on for an app I use, so I know how the OP feels.

All the answers I have been able to find for this are same as the people above who can only suggest that clicking the trackball twice is some how easier than pressing ENTER and it sends, like with BBM. It is an easy option to want for a texting monster like the bb, it is already a standard option for BBM and most IM apps. With 160 char SMS I much rather have enter send than just start a new line.
    07-16-09 12:55 PM
    Too bad you cant just hit the green send button....
    07-16-09 01:03 PM
    i have just been told that crunch is like an instant message type sms app, i had this once but deleted the app as i still recieved the sms therefore getting 2 notifications. i have just been told to (in crunch) options, security options, firewall, block sms. then change settings so entre sends. i am about to have a go so i will let you know how i get on xxx
    05-29-10 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD