Hello All,

Still new and still trying to figure stuff out. I got the Pearl 8130 and lovin it!! I have a lot of people the text (SMS) message me and I respond accordingly. My only pet peeve is that each time they message me, all of the previous messages are still stored on my phone. So after texting someone a few times, I have like 20 different message histories to erase after the conversation is done.

Is there a setting or some way to delete the history after I reply to their original message. Hope this makes sense, and any help is appreciated.
    08-29-08 10:12 PM
    well the fastest way to delete them all is go to the very top, highlight the date go to menu and select "delete prior." this will delete all messages prior to whatever date you select. there is no automatic way to delete the msgs however.
    08-29-08 10:15 PM
    if you go into your settings/options > SMS text and you can changed the number of previous items
    08-29-08 10:16 PM
    if you go into your settings/options > SMS text and you can changed the number of previous items
    Thanks, I set it to 0, now I'll have to wait and see if holds up. I don't like doing delete prior, because it erases things that I may want to keep on my phone. If I remember correctly, I think it erased saved messages too! Thanks for the quick replies.
    08-29-08 10:25 PM
    Well, if you're like me and don't want to lose precious/potentially incriminating sms's, you can always highlight over the sms in your log, click menu> save. It will put it in the 'saved messages' folder and thus be free from the plight of 'delete prior'. Rock on.
    08-29-08 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD