Hi - My call log on my Verizon Pearl 8130 will only hold 20 previous entries. Does anyone know why it is so small? I have plenty of memory on my device and an 8gb sd card. I am using the today plus theme.

Thanks,
    06-18-08 02:48 PM
    Um, may be a dumb question but have you talked to more than 20 different people?

The call log only logs the most recent on "once." Scroll to a contact in the call log and go to menu > view history and it'll show you all your calling history with that contact.
    06-18-08 03:08 PM
    not a dumb question but yes, i have talked to way more than 20 people. i was looking for call i received yesterday and it was already gone.
    06-18-08 03:19 PM
    06-18-08 03:21 PM
    cutdacheck2003's advice is sound. You need to do the steps in Stoner's procedure. However, I believe what you are asking about is not disappearing call logs, but the ability to make the call log hold more than 20 entries. If that's the case, I can help you. When you click the icon labeled "Call Log," you are only seeing a subset of the actual call log. The Call Log is actually a folder under messages. To see more than 20 entries, select Messages/Menu/View Folder/Phone Call Logs. I recently had to wipe my blackberry, so my list is short, but I believe you can get 30 days of entries in the Messages Call Log folder.
    06-19-08 07:47 AM
    On the 8130 you actually need to adjust your settings, click on the phone icon which pulls up your call logs, then press menu chose options>general options, scroll down to the phone list view and set that to call log, it may be on most recent or most used. then press esc one time to go back to phone options and scroll down to call logging and chose all calls...
    Hope this helps
    06-19-08 08:47 AM
    I don't have an 8130, so please forgive my ignorance, but are you saying there isn't a Phone Call Log folder under Messages/Menu/View Folders?
    06-19-08 08:56 AM
    I don't have an 8130, so please forgive my ignorance, but are you saying there isn't a Phone Call Log folder under Messages/Menu/View Folders?
    I have my old 8100 and it has that folder. All models should.
    06-19-08 08:59 AM
    i'm having a problem with my call log too!

normally when i want to call someone, i would push the call button (green phone) and it would take me to my recent calls then from there i'd call. but in the last view days, my recent calls just dissapear a few minutes after i make a call..
    06-19-08 07:41 PM
    That's a symptom of low free memory. Check your Options/Status/File Free. If it's less than 10 000 000, then perform the procedure that cutdacheck2003 posted earlier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 07:46 PM
    Yes Jeff, the folder is there, but for some reason on the 8130's that list in that folder only shows the calls you have chose to view under the settings, I dont know why it does that, the advice I gave about changing the setting on the 8130's is the advice that I received from Alltel's advanced Tech support, I called them when I was having the same problem.
    06-20-08 08:54 AM
    ...When you click the icon labeled "Call Log," you are only seeing a subset of the actual call log. The Call Log is actually a folder under messages. To see more than 20 entries, select Messages/Menu/View Folder/Phone Call Logs...I believe you can get 30 days of entries in the Messages Call Log folder.
    On the 8130 you actually need to adjust your settings, click on the phone icon which pulls up your call logs, then press menu chose options>general options, scroll down to the phone list view and set that to call log, it may be on most recent or most used. then press esc one time to go back to phone options and scroll down to call logging and chose all calls...
    Yes Jeff, the folder is there, but for some reason on the 8130's that list in that folder only shows the calls you have chose to view under the settings, I dont know why it does that, the advice I gave about changing the setting on the 8130's is the advice that I received from Alltel's advanced Tech support, I called them when I was having the same problem.
    Ok, now I'm with you. I have Options/General Options/Phone List View set to Call Log. My 8830 defaulted to that, but other phones default to one of the other two settings. In Call Logging, I have selected Missed Calls. With these settings, I get a message in my Messages folder when I miss a call. With your setting of All Calls, I get a message in my Messages folder for every call. So that presumably works the same on your phone as mine.

What I was talking about in my post is a different folder, located under the messages folder. In the Messages Folder, press Menu/View Folder/Phone Call Logs. This is the actual Phone Call Log, that logs every call regardless of your Call Logging settings.

If you don't mind, would you check to see that that works on your phone, too? I'd be surprised if it didn't, but I'd like to know. Thanks.
    06-20-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD