i try to wipe my device and restore critical information [addbook, messages, logs] on a somewhat regular basis.

regardless of this after a day or two of usage i find that my device starts acting sluggish. from things like the symbols menu taking over 5 seconds to display, to adding contacts to my address book [which has less than 200].

does anyone else experience similar problems?

have you found ways to speed up your pearl?
    03-06-09 01:14 PM
    U usually do a battery pull and that whips things right into shape.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 01:55 PM
    it usually gets sluggish from low memory.

1, clear the even log by pressing ALT LGLG
    2, Cdo Memory Cleaning, by going to Options > Security Settings press menu Clean Now.
    3, Clear Browser Cache by Opening the Browser press Menu. Options > Cache Options then clear all
    4, Battery Pull

Doing all of these and making sure you do a battery pull after you have cleaned the Phone will speed it up Tremendosly

i have to do it at least once a week to keep it in top shape
    03-06-09 02:09 PM
    i've done all this and it still takes forever. i make sure my memory is at least 13. i dunno what to do. i've had it about a year. is it just time to replace it?
    03-10-09 10:11 AM
    I've read a lot of post today about the pearl being slow. I have the same problem but its usesble so I can't complain.

03-10-09 10:43 AM
    my pearl is disgustingly slow
    i did those 4 steps, lets hope it speeds up a bit..
    i just cant wait too get rid of it
    03-10-09 03:04 PM
    Try checking your file free under options/status. You should have at least 12 million free, if not check out the link in my signature to free up some memory. Also make sure that you are closing your apps using menu/close and not by just hitting the back button.
    03-10-09 03:34 PM
    no issues here, i don't install to many progs, for example, people download live messenger, yahoo messenger, and aim and all, I use one, palringo, I have facebook, twitter, and about 600 songs on my 4GB card, that's all I have and 3 emails pushing, plus a map software and a program call quickpull it allows you to reset the device without pulling out battery.
    03-11-09 01:06 AM
    I know this feeling all too well..Ive had so many issues out of my BB 8130 its unreal, and truely makes me want to NEVER own another BB..Allthough I know BB is a great phone, mine is aweful.
    I pay for insurance every month, never take it apart myself..And so on...Everything keeping the warranty clear and what not..I worked in BB tech support for 6 months and left due to family circumstances BUT the point being I know how to take care of my phone..IE Cleaning memory, and maintenance..
    Well for the past few months Ive had issues with my trackball..Took it in store they say oh we will replace it under the warranty since Ive only had it since Oct 08. Then its slow as xmas..The bluetooth NEVER operates right on it and oh so many more things..So I take it into ALLTEL (BARF) the other day and they say oh well nothing is wrong with it all of this is normal..Im like ok right I was born before I walked in this store too..Needless to say I finally got it replaced through the mail exchange for the warranty, and now I wait for them to more than likely tell me oh it has water damage we are sending it back, or nothing is wrong with it..Just the normal..Ha..But yeah I cant wait until alltel gets the 8900..I PRAY its better
    03-11-09 01:10 AM
    Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your problem is probably related to your Facebook app, one I've dubbed the Pearl and early Curve killer.

My daughter is running an 8330 identical to mine. She came to me the other day with things running slow. Her free memory was down to 30MB, not too bad yet. Dropped FB and got back to 46MB after the battery pull. Reinstalled FB, 4 days later down to 36MB.

It may do OK for you for awhile, but living with it is a choice.

03-11-09 01:44 AM
    my pearl can sometimes run slow...i dont have very many apps...google maps, sync,talk, aim, and vlingo....i have 12 megs on a good day...would adding an sdcard help?
    03-12-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD