Hey all, as the title states.. Should my phone power on with a broken LCD screen? I broke my screen in an accident on Christmas afternoon, and the phone worked ( albeit with only about a third of the screen visible ). This weekend, I took the phone apart to see how hard it would be to replace the screen, and while doing so, I flexed the screen a bit, so I assume that the screen is now completely destroyed. But when I put the phone back together, it would not power up past the initial red LED indicator. Did I do additional damage to the phone, or will it just not power up with a broken LCD?
    12-29-08 11:23 AM
    Help?

10char
    12-29-08 03:58 PM
    Hey all, as the title states.. Should my phone power on with a broken LCD screen? I broke my screen in an accident on Christmas afternoon, and the phone worked ( albeit with only about a third of the screen visible ). This weekend, I took the phone apart to see how hard it would be to replace the screen, and while doing so, I flexed the screen a bit, so I assume that the screen is now completely destroyed. But when I put the phone back together, it would not power up past the initial red LED indicator. Did I do additional damage to the phone, or will it just not power up with a broken LCD?
    It should power up if only the screen is broken. You may have done additional damage when you took it apart. Hopefully you have insurance.
    12-29-08 04:03 PM
    It should power up if only the screen is broken. You may have done additional damage when you took it apart. Hopefully you have insurance.

Okay, thank you. No insurance, so I guess I'll be in the market for another phone.
    12-29-08 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD