my son has a blackberry pearl 8110. it is only 3 mo old. it was a warrantly replacement...anyway.. he is not allowed to take it to school it sits on his dresser all day.. it is in excellent cond. anyway..he came home today and there are no icons you cant do anything except try to dial someone then it will pull up call log when you go to switch application to possible view the home screen it says app error 523 reset then phone turns off then back on then still same thing...weve called warrantly and they say he has to go the blackberry people and so far no luck ....any ideas on how to reset or master clear or whatever??????
    02-05-09 05:37 PM
    Check out this link and see if it helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/error-523-reset-1831/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 06:07 PM
    Did you try taking the battery out for 20 seconds or so?

I had a problem where the phone wouldn't get out of the camera no matter what, even tho I babied my pearl for 6 months, and it was just a random thing so I got a replacement, and I don't know about At&t but Verizon replaced it at the Verizon store.
    Just try taking the battery out, and if not maybe someone else has an idea. It may be your operating system
    02-05-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD