About a week ago I turned on my phone and went to use it like normal. Quickly it came to my attention that the buttons weren't working right. When I press my call button (The green one), It goes to the call log and types the letter "a" or both "ad". The menu button would go to the call log and type "w" or "we". When I pressed the pearl down it types the letter "x", the back button types "*".

This problem wouldn't allow me to access various stuff on my phone and if I did I couldn't go back. I wasn't able to accept calls or send them out without using voice dialing.

I have been trying to work around this problem but now today the delete button is typing "x7" when I press it.

All the other buttons seem to be working fine.

I have tried resetting the phone by taking the battery out for a few minutes and putting it back in but it hasn't done anything.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    03-25-09 10:02 AM
    Go to your carrier. I don't know if that's easy fix. Basically sounds like ur phone is screwed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 12:17 PM
    Have you called your carriers customer service line?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 12:18 PM
    Pull The Battery While The Phone Is Still On
    03-25-09 12:18 PM
    OP said they tried that already. I second the thoughts on going to your carrier. I had a problem with one of my keys coming loose and VZW replaced my Pearl for free, though it was < 1 yr old, not sure how long you have had your device...
    03-25-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD