Maybe my IT guys are doing something wrong (Verizon tech support says I should be able to do what I want). I would like an icon on my home screen that is for my corporate email. Nothing else. I was able to split out my SMS and MMS messages from the main "Messages" icon. I also have an icon for my Yahoo ID. I do not have a separate icon that only has my work (from a BES) email. I have to use the "Messages" icon and that shows all my yahoo and BES messages mixed in (incoming and sent messages in one view). Can I separate out my work email? If not, can I configure the messages folder to open to the "inbox" view by default?
    11-16-07 07:58 PM
    Unfortuantely the Messages icon will show ALL mail messages. Check this out to see if it give you what you want:

Empower - Separate your Work Emails
    Last edited by juwaack68; 11-16-07 at 08:07 PM.
    11-16-07 08:03 PM
    Unfortuantely the Messages icon will show ALL mail messages. Check this out to see if it give you what you want:
    initial glance tells me it should work. Why the heck isn't this an option on the BB? Don't they know what people use their devices for?
    11-16-07 08:14 PM
    Nah, it's just a bunch of hacks up in Waterloo tossing darts at the wall.

We're lucky these things even turn on
    11-16-07 08:15 PM
    apparently the app won't work on the new pearl. damn.

any way to set the inbox as the default vies?
    11-16-07 08:26 PM
    You can have it show incoming only mail. Go into Messages -> Options -> General Options and change 'Hide Sent Messages' to Yes.

If you also want to hide the call logs, click on the Phone/Call Log icon, then go into Options -> Call Logging and set it to None.
    11-16-07 08:28 PM
    Is it possible to initiate an email filter to redirect non-work emails to another folder?
    11-22-07 02:06 PM
    Anyone using the 8130 have problems installing the trial of the BESmail app that separates mail accounts?

I am very excited by the idea of parceling my corporate mail out--but when I follow empower's instructions and try to load the .alx file through my application loader, it tells me "no applications designed for this device have been found."

anyone know if it isn't compatible with my device, or if I'm doing something wrong? I have emailed empower as well to see what they have to say.

Thanks!
    11-26-07 12:01 PM
    Maybe my IT guys are doing something wrong (Verizon tech support says I should be able to do what I want). I would like an icon on my home screen that is for my corporate email. Nothing else. I was able to split out my SMS and MMS messages from the main "Messages" icon. I also have an icon for my Yahoo ID. I do not have a separate icon that only has my work (from a BES) email. I have to use the "Messages" icon and that shows all my yahoo and BES messages mixed in (incoming and sent messages in one view). Can I separate out my work email? If not, can I configure the messages folder to open to the "inbox" view by default?

What about setting up a new email address for your work on the sprint.blackberry site? If you have OWA working then hide the messages icon. Not sure what the disadvantages are being that you are on a BES, but at least that way it'll keep it all separate.
    11-28-07 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD