Hello! I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. While I'm on a call(I'm sure you all know how boring some conference calls are) and I want to send a text what do I do? I have received texts while on a call but whenever a try to send one from my SMS folder or from the main messages folder I get a red x next to the message and it gives me an packet error message. Is there something wrong with my phone or am I not sending the text correctly? Anyone who can offer assistance will be my idol. Thanks.
    01-11-08 08:31 AM
    Well, I have not ever tried this on Verizon, but with my Curve on T-Mobile, I just exit out of the call screen and go back to the Home Screen, then go into my Messages folder, select Compose SMS, and then type away and send. Never had a problem with sending or receiving texts while on a call. Maybe Verizon doesn't allow it???
    01-11-08 08:47 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I can easily send texts while in a call - just as described by the person with the curve above^^
    01-11-08 06:49 PM
    It allows SMS msgs, but I don't think MMS. I've tried and it doesn't make my BB happy.
    01-11-08 10:46 PM
    Mms requires data currenty on BBs if on call no data other than text. Once they go 3G you will be able to do both

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-08 11:05 PM
    I was frustrated at as well when i first got my pearl cuz i didn't think you could call and sms at the same time. Glad to know that i just didn't try hard enough and not that RIM forgot that one.
    01-12-08 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD