While mountain biking I took some pics with my 8130 and sent them to my wife. I had no service while biking and assumed that the emails would be sent when I got back in to the service area. What happened was that the emails tried to go, failed, and then just sat with a red X on them. Is there a way to have the 8130 only send when service is available? Or re-try every hour? How is this handled when sending emails on a plane?
    04-30-08 10:52 AM
    Anybody have an answer?
    05-01-08 09:53 PM
    Yes, rather than have them fail, simply save them as a draft until you re-enter your coverage area.

There is no way to set the send on a timer, no.
    05-01-08 10:05 PM
    I don't normally use my 8830 on a plane. But if I do, with the radio turned off, I don't hit send. I just save the messages as drafts and send them after I turn the radio back on. I know that's not the answer you're looking for.

With my previous 7250, if I sent a message and got a clock icon, then the message would be sent whenever the bb got a signal. This mode would drain the battery very quickly, since the bb would keep trying to connect to a tower, using full power. I haven't had my 8830 long enough to see if it works the same way.
    05-01-08 10:12 PM
    I usually save them as drafts or if you try and get the red X, then later on just go back and click on re-send.

You must have been hauling *** on that bike to outrun that whole crew of tech people VZW has out there.
    05-01-08 10:44 PM
    Lol !!!!!!
    05-02-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD