I was just browsing through my apps and whatnot since I finally upgraded to .127 and was noticing that the Sprint TV and AOL - BBIM and Yahoo Messenger service books were back in my phone. I thought I deleted them before but I can't remember (and if I did, they were probably put back by the new OS). Anyway, is it safe to remove them to clear up a bit more space?

Thanks!

(yes, I've gone through the thread on freeing up space and done quite a bit....just looking for that drop more...)
    07-26-08 04:06 PM
    You should be fine removing them. Just backup first for safety measures

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 07:54 PM
    I did the same thing; removed and they came right back. I hadnt done anything to make them return- so I hid them. Seems to be the only option.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 07-26-08 at 08:11 PM.
    07-26-08 08:00 PM
    everytime you do a battery pull more than likely they will come back
    07-26-08 08:10 PM
    everytime you do a battery pull more than likely they will come back
    I didnt do that either.
    07-26-08 08:11 PM
    oh they must have just been pushed from your carrier
    07-26-08 08:13 PM
    If they are icons for programs that the carrier adds on to the OS, all you can do is hide them.

If you delete them, they will be back again everytime the Service Books are re-sent by you or the carrier.

As long as you do not install them, the amount of memory they use is small (3 bytes).
    07-26-08 08:18 PM
    Well, like I said, I hid them. I did read in another thread that icons which are service book based, cant be gotten rid of. The carrier pushing them doesnt mean we have to see them and since I use Beejive (formerly JiveTalk) I had no need for the other IM icons I hid.

It's good to know that the space they take up is minimal. You wont even notice it.
    07-26-08 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD