I am a ringtone fanatic and its killing my bb by deleting my messages and call logs. Is there a way to get the ringtones to be saved on my memory card?
    07-24-08 04:22 PM
    Yes. By default the Media Card has a folder for ringtones. The hard part will be getting the ringtones out of your device memory. You'll have to use Desktop Manager/Media Manager or Media Explore on your Blackberry. Mass Storage Mode can be used to move ringtones from your PC to the Media Card, but it can't see the device memory.

I can't give you specific instructions for using Media Manager, because I don't have it installed. The important thing to remember is Media Manager and Mass Storage Mode can't run at the same time. So if you have Mass Storage Mode configured to run automatically when you connect the USB cable, you'll need to change that to Prompt.

Give it a try. It's easier to do than to describe. Also, the Stoner procedure in the first line of my sig will help you free up memory so you stop losing messages and logs.
    07-24-08 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD