Hey I have a basic question...I just d/l ringtones to my phone and I put them all on "my devices"<my ringtones. Is there a way to put them on my Media Card and NOT have them mix in with all of my music on my media card? I tried to create a separate folder for the ringtones on my Media Card but when I turned on my Media Player the ringtones mixed in with all the Mp3's/Music. Thanks in advance!!
    02-02-08 01:51 AM
    When you use My Computer to access you media card in mass storage mode do you get the following directory structure:

BlackBerry
    media
    my_flix
    my_music
    my_pix
    my_sounds

Then in the sub directory of BlackBerry:
    music
    pictures
    ringtones
    system
    video
    voicenotes

If so then this is what I do. I do not put anything in the "my_whatever" folder.
    I put all my files under the main BlackBerry directory in the appropriate folders.
    ie: Movies in video, pictures in pictures, ringtones in ringtones.

Try that and see if your ringtones show up under MY Ring Tones on your BB.
    02-02-08 05:03 AM
    Pete, curious.. was your card previously used in VZW reg phone?.. sounds so with those my_xx folders. If a new unused card is inserted in the BB, only the follwing directory is created:

-BlackBerry
    -music
    -pictures
    -ringtones
    -video
    -voicenotes
    02-02-08 11:11 AM
    Pete, curious.. was your card previously used in VZW reg phone?.. sounds so with those my_xx folders. If a new unused card is inserted in the BB, only the follwing directory is created:

-BlackBerry
    -music
    -pictures
    -ringtones
    -video
    -voicenotes
    Nope brand new to this phone. Other phone had a different type/size card.
    I formatted it in the phone when I was running .60. Never had any issues with the card.
    Just thought the directory structure I got was normal.
    Anyone else seeing the same as me?

Did you ever use the Roxio to access the card? I did once or twice. Maybe something to do with that. Not that I use Roxio anymore. To slow.
    02-02-08 11:20 AM
    hmmm... wonder if due to .60? I first used card w/.71 I also don't have that system folder
    yeah, I've also used via roxio just once or twice but most always thru windows explorer... interesting.
    02-02-08 11:36 AM
    Hey Pete, tried it out....works fine now. Thanks a lot!
    02-02-08 12:56 PM

-BlackBerry
    -music
    -pictures
    -ringtones
    -video
    -voicenotes
    yeahh thats how my structure is as well
    02-02-08 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD