hi! I am new to the whole crackberry thing and have encountered a problem: I downloaded a ringtone from mobile17 (mobile17.com, a site that has worked for me in the past) and can't delete it. It plays after every alert sound, including when I get texts, emails, and facebook notifications. It even played when I hung up after a phone call. I deleted the ringtone from the "media" section and it no longer shows up as a ringtone option, yet continues to play ALL THE TIME. Is there any other area on my phone this phantom ringtone can be so I can finally delete it? Please help! Thanks!
    04-28-10 08:20 PM
    i think you may need to upgrade or downgrade your os.. theres alot on the forums about this issue..
    04-28-10 08:27 PM
    i have the latest version...i updated it right before i got the ringtone..
    04-28-10 08:30 PM
    theres a problem with the new os you need to downgrade to fix that issue.. it's not your ringtone site..
    04-28-10 08:34 PM
    have you tried pulling the battery out waiting 30 seconds then putting it back in ? if that doesn't fix it... you need to downgrade the os... the battery pull may only be a temporary fix, if it does work....
    04-28-10 08:36 PM
    pulling the battery out worked!!! thank you so much!!! I was beginning to think I accidentally downloaded some virus on my phone..
    04-28-10 08:52 PM
    no problem .... hopefully it doesn't happen again.. if it does try the batt pull.... if it gets out of hand.... (i would personally) downgrade the OS...
    04-28-10 08:56 PM
    Battery pull fixes most things, keep that in mind before letting it drive you crazy! If after a battery pull it's not fixed, they ask to see if anyone can help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD