I just bought a new pearl 8130 off of ebay. It arrived and I activated it with sprint. Calling and texting works fine but I cant use any email or web browsing options.

In fact the browser app does not even appear on the home screen. When asked if I want to set up an email account if gives the options of with enterprise or skip, no option to do so through bb internet.

After researching i thought the problem might be that i need to re register the pin or esn because when I went here bis.na.blackberry.com/html/ it said that it was on a different network (phone was brand new, never opened right in the sprint box...) anyway I went to the host routing table and the service book and neither has any entries whatsoever.. I have no idea what to do PLEASE help I'm going crazy.
    03-17-08 08:58 PM
    You need to make sure that the previous owner has released the PIN and that you have a BB data plan.
    03-17-08 09:39 PM
    As I said its not used, brand new and BB is included in my service plan.
    03-17-08 09:47 PM
    Sometimes it takes a bit of time for a data plan to be activated with the provider. If you cant log into the BIS site after a while, your best bet is to take it into a store and have them register it for you with the PIN and IMEI number.
    03-17-08 09:55 PM
    Try registering the phone on the network. Options>advanced options>host routing table> press menu key and select register now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 09:59 PM
    As I said there are no options available to me under the hrt or the service book. Im beginning to think its a problem with the phone software. When trying to connect it with the desktop manager, under the application loader it says the desktop software does not have the device software for the device connected....
    03-17-08 10:06 PM
    That's a separate problem MzRay. That message means that you don't have the device software installed on your computer. I would suggest calling Sprint and confirming that they have the BB data plan added and what not.
    03-17-08 10:09 PM
    Have you downloaded the newest software for the phone? In this case, I would re-install the os and then see what you have. Also, as I read above too, sprint does take a while when provisioning accounts so in a little while, a battery pull may fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 10:12 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I'm hesitant about calling sprint customer service..they never seem to HELP, i spent half an hour on the phone earlier today just getting the phone activated.

Edit: I hope I dont seem like an *** when I say Ive tried all these things... honestly this is my last resort, I know how annoying it must be for all of you who are knowledge about this stuff to answer the same questions over and over again, believe me I did all I could to fix this myself before come to all of you.

Yes Ive tried the battery pull several times and I downloaded the new software for the device but I cant figure out how to install it as the desktop manager doesnt seem to work with the phone correctly.
    Last edited by MzRay34; 03-17-08 at 10:17 PM.
    03-17-08 10:13 PM
    Have you installed the new OS you downloaded onto your PC? ie. run the .exe file? You need to do that first before you can reinstall via the desktop manager onto your bb..
    03-17-08 11:50 PM
    Okay waited all night to resolve the supposed "provisioning problem".....no change. No entries for the hrt; no entries for the service book; not able to access the browser app; not able to set up email.

Ribenaberrie, yes I ran the update software but it has no affect on the phone. I am not able to run the add/remove apps of my desktop manager on my phone because it says something about it not having the device's software...

This is SO frustrating!
    03-18-08 09:39 AM
    I think you are going about this all the wrong. You have two separate problems. The first of which, your original problem, needs to be handled by Sprint. You should call them up and ask them to look into your account and make sure that everything is set up correctly.

Here is a link with instructions on how to solve your second problem.
    Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ
    03-18-08 01:12 PM
    I had the same problem as you where I ran the update software but it says I don't have the software installed in my DM.

My husband fixed it for me and what he did was go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml

Once he did that my DM detected the software...

But I guess that doesn't solve your original problem. Good luck.
    03-18-08 09:47 PM
    Ah that seemed to do the trick. Thank you.

As for the main problem...3rd call to sprint today..told to wait and "keep checking" The whole reason I got the phone off of ebay was so I wouldn't have to extend my contract with these people.
    03-18-08 10:10 PM
    You will need to call sprint. I actually ran into a couple issues yesterday when I got my phone activated. took all day and finally it started to work. Then no browser or sprint features. I found this number 1-877-654-9111. I called it, got an english speaking person in less than 2 mins. I think this is the sprint blackberry support number. they resent service books and got everything setup.

Ah that seemed to do the trick. Thank you.

As for the main problem...3rd call to sprint today..told to wait and "keep checking" The whole reason I got the phone off of ebay was so I wouldn't have to extend my contract with these people.
    03-18-08 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD