Hello everyone, I'm new to the BB world, having come over from a Treo 755p to the Pearl on Verizon. I've found answers to alot of my questions on these forums, very helpful indeed. However, there is one issue I am having that is driving me nuts and I cant find anything to fix it. When I receive a text message from some one stored in contacts, instead of displaying that persons call back number in the normal left to right pattern, it shows their name and info all on the right hand side of the screen. For example, if John Doe sent me a text, it would read: CallBack Number: John Doe:Moble....and the John Doe: Mobile part would all be on the right hand side of the screen in almost a vertical column, creating a ton of blank white space in the left and center of the screen, and requiring me to scroll down quite a ways before I ever see the Text message itself. I've changed all the settings I can think of, and nothing fixs it. Any suggestions?
    03-23-08 02:18 PM
    Welcome to CB & BB.

No, unfortunately you cannot alter the format of the callback number display.
    03-23-08 04:38 PM
    you can tell the person sending you the text to turn off the option on their phone, that send the callback number. many phones has that option and this is exactly what i tell my friends to do and it work.

on the bb go into options sms text and delete the callback number. but it will auto populate if you pull your battery.

so I guess that my question. does anybody know how to stop the BB from re-entering a callback number after a battery pull?
    03-23-08 05:07 PM
    on the bb go into options sms text and delete the callback number. but it will auto populate if you pull your battery.

so I guess that my question. does anybody know how to stop the BB from re-entering a callback number after a battery pull?
    Are you doing the following?..

Options>SMS Text>Callback Number>Menu>Clear Field>Menu>Save
    03-23-08 05:37 PM
    Are you doing the following?..

Options>SMS Text>Callback Number>Menu>Clear Field>Menu>Save
    no, i was just deleting the numbers then saving. but i just did it your way and its back after i pulled the battery. is there actually a way to stop it from auto populating all together?
    03-23-08 10:31 PM
    Well, not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks alot for answering my question!
    03-25-08 08:50 PM
    Welcome to CB!!! =]
    03-26-08 10:26 AM
    WELCOME TO CB!
    03-26-08 11:40 AM
    I thought is was just me.
    Hey RIM, fix this.
    11-05-08 05:39 PM
    When I ran into this problem, I tweaked and tweaked, then tweaked some more. What I found that worked for me was changing the font, the font size and whether or not it was bold. Smaller text sizes work well (below 8 pt.). I have trouble reading these in normal settings, so I worked until I found one that at least got the "Call Back Number" and the "Number" (it's a name that comes up for my contacts). It is BBAlpha Sans 14. It only works in an SMS, and it makes it tough to read the lists of your messages. But it is a small victory. Best of luck.
    07-08-09 09:01 PM
    i hate this feature so much. some of my contacts sms threads don't show "call back number: John Smith (mobile)" and it looks sooo much cleaner, and easier to read.

The worst is when the person doesn't have a short name and the "(mobile)"gets pushed down to the next line. such a waste of space!

Has anyone found away to hide that at least? I think I'm going to move the person I text the most mobile number to "(Work)" so atleast its a little shorter and maybe wont get pushed down a line. Either that or delete their last name..

Ugh it looks like this is the way it's been on Blackberry devices for awhile so I doubt it's going to get changed anytime soon.
    07-15-09 10:47 AM
    only thing i can think of is just change the font size/style. if you have a hard time reading small print, you may be sol unfortunately.
    07-15-09 11:02 AM
    I made my font 11 and it worked. Moved the phone number horizontal. Thank God!
    09-20-10 08:29 PM
    The only way to remove the 'CALLBACK NUMBER' on your end is to convince your friend to go into their Options / SMS TEXT menu and delete their 'CALLBACK NUMBER'...just have them delete the field and leave it empty.

It's a pain yes, but this works.
    10-24-10 12:50 AM
    This problem is seriously annoying, especially on BBs with smaller screens!

One thing that helps is turning off 'show names' options>SMS Text> show names 'off' will get u an extra line or 2.. ug..
    12-31-10 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD