OK, I have this problem of putting the phone in my purse and then my Pearl does crazy things when I take it out. I should know better, I know. Anyway, when I go to check my emails and roll the mouse, all of my messages, texts, etc. are now highlighted in red. I press the menu key and it asks if I want to delete, save as read, etc. I can't open them! Please help.
    07-25-08 12:35 PM
    Sorry, I cant answer your question, but when you put your phone in your purse, LocK The Keyboard.
    07-25-08 02:28 PM
    You may have turned on caps lock. That will select all the messages you scroll over. Once they're selected and you hit the menu button, there is no option to open, because you can only open one at a time.

Hit the shift button twice (when you're in the message list, not the menu) and see what that does.

BTW, turning on caps lock is tricky to do when you're TRYING to do it, so to have done it by accident in your purse is quite a feat. Look here for how to do it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/how...k-pearl-37478/

Let us know if that works...

Oh, and I've found it easier just to hold down the mute button (top of the phone) for two seconds before putting the phone in my pocket. The phone goes into standby mode, and the keyboard is off (pushing buttons doesn't even turn on the screen, so you save batteries too), but calls and all that stuff comes through. To wake it back up, hit the mute button again. Much better than KB lock, IMHO.
    07-25-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD