I have no idea why, but my red notification light won't stop blinking. I thought it was because Weatherbug was freaking out about the hurricane that is approaching Miami (where I live) but I have turned off all notifications and it still won't stop. Is there a way to see what is setting it off? I have no unread messages, no thing that I can find. It just won't stop blinking.
    08-18-08 03:33 PM
    Same thing has happend to me before...red light won't stop flashing and I couldn't figure out why. My BB Messenger icon on my main screen was showing a "1" and a happy face but I had no new messages or open conversations. Since I was in doubt, I did what I was taught here....pulled the battery out. It was all good from there.
    08-18-08 03:44 PM
    Battery pulls are a good idea. Also if you have Viigo then it maybe a notification you didn't realize you had set up. This happened to me for a while before I realized it was just Viigo notifying me.
    08-18-08 06:15 PM
    Same thing just happened to me earlier today. Thought it was something with BBM but I checked my messages and still had the blinking red light. Did a battery pull and it stopped.

*shrug* I guess when in doubt..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 08:17 PM
    A battery pull won't stop weatherbug alerts. I know; I tried that last night before I figured out what was causing them. Have you read all the alerts that were already delivered before you turned off the notification?
    08-18-08 08:33 PM
    I had the same problem - Do you have GMAIL or any other downloaded application that gets mail?

I have the Gmail app, which is located in my "downloads" folder.

Since I had a new message in this email account, my red light continued to blink.
    12-24-08 01:20 PM
    That happens occasionally to me with BBM being the problem. I never do a battery pull, it just resolves it self.
    12-24-08 01:49 PM
    yea it happens to me with my BBM sometimes. like i'll get a message and then read it, but for some reason it still keeps blinking after i've read it and exited BBM. its just a glitchy type thing i'd guess. what i do is just go to my messages, set the message as unread again, then open and read it again and then it stops blinking. or u just have to wait until u get another new message and after u read that it'll stop
    12-25-08 10:06 PM
    I had the same problem - Do you have GMAIL or any other downloaded application that gets mail?

I have the Gmail app, which is located in my "downloads" folder.

Since I had a new message in this email account, my red light continued to blink.
    Oh, you can change the settings so you don't get flashing from gmail.
    11-05-09 03:42 PM
    go in to your last mail or bbm and mark it as unopened then go into the message and that solves it.
    11-06-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD