Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Red light won't stop blinking.

I have no idea why, but my red notification light won't stop blinking. I thought it was because Weatherbug was freaking out about the hurricane that is approaching Miami (where I live) but I have turned off all notifications and it still won't stop. Is there a way to see what is setting it off? I have no unread messages, no thing that I can find. It just won't stop blinking.
  2. niggarita

Same thing has happend to me before...red light won't stop flashing and I couldn't figure out why. My BB Messenger icon on my main screen was showing a "1" and a happy face but I had no new messages or open conversations. Since I was in doubt, I did what I was taught here....pulled the battery out. It was all good from there.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    PIN
    3041444a

Battery pulls are a good idea. Also if you have Viigo then it maybe a notification you didn't realize you had set up. This happened to me for a while before I realized it was just Viigo notifying me.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    PIN
    31F2393A

Same thing just happened to me earlier today. Thought it was something with BBM but I checked my messages and still had the blinking red light. Did a battery pull and it stopped.

*shrug* I guess when in doubt..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,146 Global Posts

A battery pull won't stop weatherbug alerts. I know; I tried that last night before I figured out what was causing them. Have you read all the alerts that were already delivered before you turned off the notification?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Here's ONE Fix...

I had the same problem - Do you have GMAIL or any other downloaded application that gets mail?

I have the Gmail app, which is located in my "downloads" folder.

Since I had a new message in this email account, my red light continued to blink.
    The Sultan of CrackBerry

Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts

That happens occasionally to me with BBM being the problem. I never do a battery pull, it just resolves it self.
    CrackBerry User

yea it happens to me with my BBM sometimes. like i'll get a message and then read it, but for some reason it still keeps blinking after i've read it and exited BBM. its just a glitchy type thing i'd guess. what i do is just go to my messages, set the message as unread again, then open and read it again and then it stops blinking. or u just have to wait until u get another new message and after u read that it'll stop
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by meyerhen View Post
    I had the same problem - Do you have GMAIL or any other downloaded application that gets mail?

I have the Gmail app, which is located in my "downloads" folder.

Since I had a new message in this email account, my red light continued to blink.
    Oh, you can change the settings so you don't get flashing from gmail.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    215CD04B

go in to your last mail or bbm and mark it as unopened then go into the message and that solves it.