I switched out my pearl today. There was this guy there switching out his pearl. Its his 3rd too. Anyway, I'm really hoping this one will work. Lol!

Lindaga35

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I guess I don't understand why you ended up switching out your device, when we all but completely verified your issues were due to low memoury, which is just going to happen to your next device if you don't follow all the tips to memoury optimization.

08-19-08 08:13 PM
    I really think she should just get a Curve; it has more memory and as long as the optimization is not being done, they'll just be back for #4.

08-19-08 09:17 PM
    I really think she should just get a Curve; it has more memory and as long as the optimization is not being done, they'll just be back for #4.

I agree, girl. I just don't get why she would take it back after being repeatedly told its NOT a defective device. I am shocked the store would even take the phone back. The reps she's dealing with must know nothing about blackberries...

08-19-08 09:20 PM
    I agree, girl. I just don't get why she would take it back after being repeatedly told its NOT a defective device. I am shocked the store would even take the phone back. The reps she's dealing with must know nothing about blackberries...

Probably dropped and dinged it. Gets it replaced by saying its doing things that they dont know how to fix.
    08-19-08 09:57 PM
    Hate to say it, but that's definitely a possibility. I can't say for sure but.... Sheesh... We all told her it wasn't the device....

08-19-08 09:59 PM
    You're completely right; we dont know. But lets just see what happens with this one. I seriously see it going back for another one.
    08-19-08 10:02 PM
    Yup. It'll be a never-ending cycle of new phones if the OP doesn't take the advice given here and chalk it up to a lack of internal memoury.

08-19-08 10:03 PM
    I am on my 2nd Blackberry 8130, I love the phone.. the last one had software issues but 2nd works like a charm... although I do wish they had made the pearl with memory. I have yet to read where u can put apps on a memory card and I sooo love my short cuts lol. But anyways... lol someone needs to tell Rim to keep the pearl style but add some dern memory lol.
    08-20-08 12:22 AM
    You are correct. The pearl would be to die for with more memoury! Sigh.. I digress...

08-20-08 12:24 AM
    I've had a similar problem where I randomly lose some messages but not all, my call log will clear.

I'm obsessive about keeping memory clear and have a SD card in. The only extra app on my pearl is yahoo messenger. Am I not clearing enough? I probably clear cache and do a memory clean 2 to 3 times a day. Any thoughts?

08-20-08 09:47 AM
    I say just keep returning it if it doesn't work.

A friend had the same issues with her verizon pearl... call logs disappearing, memory at 0, couldn't click on links and the trackball would skip over links or wouldn't scroll correctly.

She followed the advice on this site on how to free up the memory and delete files. This was just a temporary fix, because as soon as she sent an email, the memory would drop back to zero.

She then took the phone in and they did a hard reset and also told her that if it didn't work to return the phone 2 more times (already returned once) in order to get an upgrade.
    08-20-08 10:59 AM
    I am on my 2nd Blackberry 8130, I love the phone.. the last one had software issues but 2nd works like a charm... although I do wish they had made the pearl with memory. I have yet to read where u can put apps on a memory card and I sooo love my short cuts lol. But anyways... lol someone needs to tell Rim to keep the pearl style but add some dern memory lol.
    I agree that it's insane.
    I can put an 8gb memory card into the device that is the size of my pinkie-nail.
    Yet RIM can't find anywhere on the Pearl Motherboard to integrate the same amount of memory as device memory?

Heck, if I had access to their frickin API set I could solder in some hard memory my damn self...

Dm
    Last edited by Detman101; 08-20-08 at 01:29 PM. Reason: H3l1 isn't allowed but Damn is??
    08-20-08 01:28 PM
    You haven't read that apps can be run from the card B/c they can't. This is the 1st phone I've had in which U can't. CDMA Curves come w/More *memoury* than their GSM counterparts.

I guess deciding what your "must have" apps r helps w/Not filling it up w/Needless stuff.

08-20-08 03:07 PM
    Yeah I've come to that conclustion myself. I've deleted most apps. Lol
    I does work better, the dropped calls aren't that bad anymore. But I do miss my apps!

Lindaga35

08-21-08 09:09 PM
    Ya, I had told them BeFore I spoke to YOU. The new phone was already on the fed ex truck. I did not ask for a new one to start with. I was told by a verizon tech the pearls have been having a lot of problems. The only thing I have dl'ed is the cb icon and news. I'm sorry I botherd ya, I won't again.

Thanks, lindaga35

Btw, I'm in ga I don't know if we just got a bad batch or what. I've been VeRy Truth Ful with them and you.

08-22-08 09:11 PM
    Ya, I had told them BeFore I spoke to YOU. The new phone was already on the fed ex truck. I did not ask for a new one to start with. I was told by a verizon tech the pearls have been having a lot of problems. The only thing I have dl'ed is the cb icon and news. I'm sorry I botherd ya, I won't again.

Thanks, lindaga35

Btw, I'm in ga I don't know if we just got a bad batch or what. I've been VeRy Truth Ful with them and you.

you haven't bothered anyone most people on here are very helpful and are glade to help people so don't feel like you bothered anyone OK.
    08-22-08 09:44 PM
    I call BS there is no way 3 pearls in a row in 3 months went bad ... unless your with USCC

hahaha

there was a bad batch of CDMA pearls.. (hahaha so they say)

did everyone already for get my story .. i didn,t join all that long ago...

do yourself a favor walk back into that store and tell them you want a curve ..

i fix my 3 junk pearls by getting a curve
    08-22-08 10:39 PM
    I've heard the curve is better. But isn't it bigger? I love my little pearl.

Thanks,

Lindaga35

08-23-08 12:56 PM
    Linda, you aren't bothering anyone. All we're trying to say is that you can get a new Pearl every two days if you want - but that will not solve your issues. Unfortunately, the memoury size of the Pearl is a HUGE downfall that affects all owners. He*l, when I had my Pearl, had these issues as well - and I optimized mine. That is what finally made me step up to the Curve, which is what I would recommend to you, honestly.

You may be able to get Verizon to discount a Curve for you if you tell them the story of how you have had three devices, etc. etc. That is what I did. It's not that I was trying to get something for nothing, but I honestly use my phone for business and to have all my emails and whatnot deleted is a HUGE inconvenience for me.
    08-23-08 12:59 PM
    I've heard the curve is better. But isn't it bigger? I love my little pearl.

Thanks,

Lindaga35

Yes, the Curve is a bit larger, but it isn't a brick by any means. It is very thim and lightweight. Why not hop on down to your local Verizon store and try one out? I guarantee you will love it.
    08-23-08 01:00 PM
    At the mo I am running on 23,168,948 bytes. With NO apps whatsoever, only ones that came on the Pearl...

Wish I could have more memory so I wouldn't be so scared about getting more apps!
    02-19-09 05:01 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD