Verizon is over nighting me a new one Again. The crazy thing is nuts I swear. I get multiple dropped calles a Day, the hour glass just sits and spins. It doesn't matter how many times I do a batt pull. They said they Have to send me up to 3 before they can upgrade me. I'm so fed up here. Any thoughts??? Thanks for reading.

Lindaga35

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 09:14 PM
    Usely the 8130 is a solid performer three bad ones in a row would make me think something is going on that would interfere with the phone or some software that had been down loaded to them.I reality just guessing but could have some software been added to the pearl?

08-15-08 11:11 PM
    Opra mini, google maps, bank that was just added. And a poker game, the weather channel and chanel 2. Yahoo mess, and the crackbery launcher. That's all.

Lindaga35

08-15-08 11:21 PM
    Usely the 8130 is a solid performer three bad ones in a row would make me think something is going on that would interfere with the phone or some software that had been down loaded to them.I reality just guessing but could have some software been added to the pearl?

It would seem that something is causing conflict. To have 3 in a row all having the same problem usually comes down to what the user is doing. By any chance have you upgraded the OS? Are you starting fresh on each phone with a backup (that may possibly have whatever glitch is causing you problems).

If the next BB starts giving you the same problems, then its definitely you OR you're pushing for a phone upgrade the cheapest way you can.
    08-15-08 11:28 PM
    the same thing happened to my with my verizon pearl, my messages and bbms were getting deleted before i could read them. i got the 3 pearls until finally i was able to upgrade to the curve because verizon pearls have been having problems that they cant fix.
    08-16-08 02:03 PM
    I had Pearl through Alltel battery would go dead in 2-3 hrs phone kept locking up when charging got extreemly hot. I was able to trade for 8830 didn't need camera
    Last edited by dheadingto; 08-16-08 at 02:34 PM.
    08-16-08 02:27 PM
    the same thing happened to my with my verizon pearl, my messages and bbms were getting deleted before i could read them. i got the 3 pearls until finally i was able to upgrade to the curve because verizon pearls have been having problems that they cant fix.
    Again, Verizon is NOT having issues with the Pearl that "can't be fixed." All Blackberries with the exception of CDMA Curves have 64MB of internal memoury. Once you start loading the phone up with apps and media and whatnot, you will lose memoury, which will cause the phone to delete the phone log, emails, texts, and the phone will lag severely. There are several things you can do to improve performance by keeping your file free up. Following the link in my sig to Stoner's Guide is essential!!

As for the OP's issue with dropped calls, I'm sure this isn't a device issue - 3 in a row? Sounds like it's something that is user-specific....
    08-16-08 02:42 PM
    Again, Verizon is NOT having issues with the Pearl that "can't be fixed." All Blackberries with the exception of CDMA Curves have 64MB of internal memoury. Once you start loading the phone up with apps and media and whatnot, you will lose memoury, which will cause the phone to delete the phone log, emails, texts, and the phone will lag severely. There are several things you can do to improve performance by keeping your file free up. Following the link in my sig to Stoner's Guide is essential!!

As for the OP's issue with dropped calls, I'm sure this isn't a device issue - 3 in a row? Sounds like it's something that is user-specific....
    Very well said...
    08-16-08 02:45 PM
    Very well said...
    Thanks, friend.

I just don't want misinformation being spread... These devices aren't defective, ya know.
    08-16-08 02:46 PM
    Ya I know.... There are or were some software problems with os .77 for the pearl back in the day.... not sure if now...

But ya if you load that thing up and it can't handle it....It will have problems.... no matter how hard it tried to free up memory.....
    08-16-08 02:51 PM
    Correct yester.

The new Verizon Pearls are virtually issue-free these days...

The only complaint is indeed the 64MB of memoury. It just simply isn't enough without some MAJOR memoury optimization... Hence why I upgraded to the Curve.
    08-16-08 02:57 PM
    If I'm doing something wrong, I really have no clue as no what. Please, if anyone can help me figure it out I would really appreiate it. I LOVE my pearl. I don't want another phone. I just want to get it to work right. If that means deleteing all apps, that's what I will do. But honestly, I'm not trying to scam ANYONE here.

Thanks ya so so much.
    When I wrote the 1st post I was upset.

Lindaga35

08-16-08 03:31 PM
    Don't worry Ms. Linda.

Follow the link in my sig and free up some space on your phone.
    08-16-08 03:36 PM
    Best advice is to keep changing it until the Bold is out and then throw tantrums that you won't settle for anything less than the Bold. ..... LOL.

08-16-08 03:39 PM
    Best advice is to keep changing it until the Bold is out and then throw tantrums that you won't settle for anything less than the Bold. ..... LOL.

Not really advice......
    08-16-08 03:46 PM
    Thanks, friend.

I just don't want misinformation being spread... These devices aren't defective, ya know.
    she is pretty and smart who every said blonds were you know !! LOL
    08-16-08 03:49 PM
    If I'm doing something wrong, I really have no clue as no what. Please, if anyone can help me figure it out I would really appreiate it. I LOVE my pearl. I don't want another phone. I just want to get it to work right. If that means deleteing all apps, that's what I will do. But honestly, I'm not trying to scam ANYONE here.

Thanks ya so so much.
    When I wrote the 1st post I was upset.

Lindaga35

have you checked to see how much free memory you are running ?
    08-16-08 03:52 PM
    I don't know how to do that yet. Can you please tell me?

I just dl the mx memory cleaner (the one in bb 101) and its working better!!

Thanks ya!

Lindaga35

08-17-08 12:48 AM
    Thats what usually happens when you run out of free available memory. The phone will start deleting to free up memory. It wasnt the fault of the phone- it did what it was designed to do.
    08-17-08 12:56 AM
    I see the pearl isnt for you lol
    08-18-08 12:09 AM
    she is pretty and smart who every said blonds were you know !! LOL
    Lol....

08-18-08 12:12 AM
    Its working a whole lot better since I deleted mini o broswer. Could that have been the problem?

Lindaga35

08-18-08 05:50 AM
    I have had my pearl for 3 months and it has worked flawlessly. Good luck once it starts to work for you. You will really enjoy it

08-18-08 09:05 PM
    I switched out my pearl today. There was this guy there switching out his pearl. Its his 3rd too. Anyway, I'm really hoping this one will work. Lol!

Lindaga35

08-19-08 08:01 PM
    Close out of your applications properly by hitting the menu button(button left of trackball) scroll down and select close. If you leave them running you will go thru memory faster...
    08-19-08 08:07 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD