I've had my Blackberry for more than a year, so I'm pretty used to it. However, this morning, I deleted all my e-mail messages, but there's a still an indicator that says I have 1 new message. It doesn't have the red star next to it anymore, but it still says 1 message, however, I can't find that message! It's not in messages or e-mail messages or anything. I even went into the saved messages folder and the spam folder. I tried hitting "mark all messages as read," and it still wont' go away. I even tried to turn off and back on the phone.

Any other ideas? LOL
    08-01-09 01:45 PM
    You mentioned turning the phone off then on... Pretty much, this does nothing. Try a battery pull with the device on... See if that helps.
    08-01-09 01:46 PM
    You need to go into the menu to show all of your icons. Once you do this there should be something on there that shows a red indicator. That happened to me all the time with my pearl. Hope this helps.
    08-01-09 01:55 PM
    Taking out the battery worked! Dont' know why I didn't think of that myself, but thanks!!
    08-01-09 02:13 PM
    A common reason for this is also having a "Saved Message"--for the future.
    08-01-09 02:19 PM
    I've had my Blackberry for more than a year, so I'm pretty used to it. However, this morning, I deleted all my e-mail messages, but there's a still an indicator that says I have 1 new message. It doesn't have the red star next to it anymore, but it still says 1 message, however, I can't find that message! It's not in messages or e-mail messages or anything. I even went into the saved messages folder and the spam folder. I tried hitting "mark all messages as read," and it still wont' go away. I even tried to turn off and back on the phone.

Any other ideas? LOL
    It could be a saved message, or a message that is in one of your hidden folders. Trying "showing all" and see if there are any message folders that might be hidden. Check your saved folder just in case.
    08-01-09 02:39 PM
    I have this pro lem too! I batt pulled n I went thru all my SMS messages and saved messages but its still showing one unread message! It is such a small detail but its making me CRAZY lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 07:39 PM
    I have this same problem. When I get WeatherBug Elite Messages they got to my vzw.blackberry accoutn. I read them then delete them. But next to that email account it holds the the number of messages still.....with nothing in that inbox. Don't know what the problem is.....but it is annoying doing a battery pull everytime I get a message.
    09-28-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD