Maybe my programming screen is different from everyone else's. I am with alltel. I used to be a rep there and i've programmed many phones.

ok I am going to try to be as detailed as possible without being confusing. Sorry about before!

press ##000000 and send twice to get into the programming.

Here is what you need to look at:

Mobile Directory Number (MDN) - usually your phone number
    IMSI_S - usually your phone number if not, it's another 10 digit number. don't worry about what it means its just how your carrier's system identifies you
    Mobile Country Code (MCC)
    Mobile Network Code (MNC)
    Home SID - tower which your phone connects to in your market
    Home NID - network ID which phone uses in market

This is considered programming for your phone. Don't worry about anything else after those 6 categories.

Scroll down until you see

NAM2 MDN
    NAM2 IMSI_S
    NAM2 MCC
    NAM2 MNC
    NAM2 Home SID
    NAM2 Home NID

If the info doesn't match the programming in the 6 above fields, change them until it matches exactly. You can just scroll to a field and change it.

Then press the blackberry key and save it.

Restart the phone if it doesn't do it automatically and hopefully within a few minutes the radio will be on. Make sure you check that you have your connections turned on.

This helped me and I haven't had any issues since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

everything is good until u got to the nam2 i have none of those in my programming for the bb 8130 but the first part was correct!!!
    10-15-09 01:51 PM
    I've had this happen to me a few times in the past month also. I have an 8110 through AT&T. Whenever this happens, I just hit my send button and call my voicemail or whatever number you want to dial. After a few seconds, it says connecting or something to that nature and then it automatically connects and turns the radio back on.
    10-15-09 02:07 PM
    everything is good until u got to the nam2 i have none of those in my programming for the bb 8130 but the first part was correct!!!
    yeah i wasn't sure if the pearl programming screens are the same for everyone.
    10-19-09 08:58 PM
    okay so basically i messed my service up i thought the imsi_s was supposed to be my phone number so i changed it to my number and now... yeah its pretty screwed and i dont know how to het that number back haha any ideas?
    i know it's a few weeks late.. call your carrier. Alltel identifies the IMSI as your MIN number. Mobile Identification Number. It's how their system recognizes you. I am not sure how it is for your carrier. If you call and speak to tech support, they will walk you thru the programming.
    10-19-09 09:00 PM
    I had that problem once on my USCC pearl. I called cust service and he had me try to make a call and it prompted me to "turn on radio signal" or something to that effect. I did and have not had any further problems.
    10-21-09 05:37 PM
    I had the same problem when I tried to use my old pearl I had for backup. I will try rgarling fix maybe its still good.
    11-15-09 08:18 AM
    I've had this happen to me a few times in the past month also. I have an 8110 through AT&T. Whenever this happens, I just hit my send button and call my voicemail or whatever number you want to dial. After a few seconds, it says connecting or something to that nature and then it automatically connects and turns the radio back on.
    I try doing this and it said something about being timed out while waiting for radio connection
    05-04-10 07:57 AM
    This is an old post but maybe rgarling or someone else may see this.

I have a Pearl from US Cellular and this exact issue started happening about 14 months after I got the phone. My corporate account rep is awesome! He sent me a loaner 8830 and sent the Pearl in to RIM for repair for free even though it was out of warranty. RIM flashed new software/firmware to the unit, verified that it was good and sent it back to my rep who in turn sent me the refurbed Pearl. Bye bye 8830

I received the Pearl and all was well...for about two days. The radio started to turn off intermittently until it wouldn't stay on at all.

I tried rgarling's suggestion for the service edit screen however USCC doesn't have the NAM2 and others that she mentions. I've also placed a call and was prompted to turn the radio back on (as another poster mentions) but as soon as the call is done I end up with the radio off again.

I've since replaced the Pearl with a new 8530 Curve but would like to have the Pearl functioning as a back up or perhaps to give to my wife to use.

Any suggestions outside of what's been posted already?

Thanks!
    05-11-10 01:03 PM
    Hmmm, these are intriguing issues...I must be lucky, I've never ran into these issues...
    05-11-10 01:42 PM
    usually you just have to try to make calls i have verizon and a curve so who knows your phone could have really been broken but its happened to me 4 times in the last year and a half and i just have to try calling someone and then it asks if i want to re connect
    08-04-10 11:19 AM
    newbie here, having the same problem with a 8350i, had it in my pocket (unlocked) and when i went to use it... no radio. It came back up for about 30 minutes after doing soft, hard reset(s) and wiping the phone. Now I am at a complete loss. HELP
    08-16-10 10:52 AM
    i had this problem with my 8100 and it was a problem with the internal antenna, if it continues to happen after soft resets there is nothing you can do about it and the best thing to do is tell your carrier and try and get a new one
    08-18-10 03:12 AM
    I bought a Bold a few months ago and had the problem with the radio connection going off. I took it back a few weeks later and the same thing is happening with the new one. I've asked at Verizon several times and they keep telling me "oh that happens when you're battery is low". Well its true it does, however I can plug my phone in at night with it 75% charged, and it might be plugged in for 2 days if I'm home and then when I go to get it, the radio connection is off again. Very frustrating. Since I don't use my phone a lot if someone WAS trying to reach me I wouldn't know it because the dang thing keeps shutting off.
    09-21-10 02:15 PM
    hello>my blackberry is playing up and the connections wont work what do I do?

need know asap

thankyou
    04-09-14 07:40 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD