HI there folks,

I just have a quick question. I just bought a blackberry 8120 yesterday and when i first used it the firmware was 4.3 i stupidly upgraded to 4.5 and to do this i had to remove the vendor file. When i did this the Orange world icon dissapeared from my phone and i was unable to use the internet unless I use WI-FI so what i would like to do is put 4.3 back on. I understand how to downgrade (delete 4.5 software and then install the 4.3 one on computer right?) My question is will i be able to put that firmware one straight away and the blackberry wont reject it? as when I tried to install the 4.5 without deleting vendor file it would not update and i belive the vendor file is what tells the phone its Orange and puts the orange world logo on is that correct?

Sorry if that is confusing thanks for any help

chris
    08-19-08 04:10 AM
    Forgot to mention the essential:

Phone is a blackberry 8120
    08-19-08 04:17 AM
    Resend your service books to the device as they should include the orangeworld settings etc.

As you have a device from Orange you didn't need to remove the vendor xml file. Only non orange users need to do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 04:32 AM
    I have resent the service books a few times and nothing happens, the O/S wont downgrade at all even though i have deleted the vendor file (its not a branded handset ala it will work on any network) is there anyway i can downgrade without doing the Erase method? x
    08-19-08 04:40 AM
    Have you tried reregistering the deviced? Options > adanced options > host routing table, hit menu key and select register now.

I'm not sure why it is not automatically downgrading. Hopefullyg someone who knows more about this than I will come along and help you out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD