so , got my pearl updated, I noticed the media player is modified.

additionally i noticed that when the update was complete it asked me something about a reset, and set i have 5 tries or i can do this later....it was a pop-up basically.

my question is how can i manually see this pop-up again so i can confirm the changes and would this have anything to do with my emails not in HTML yet?

i did a battery pull, any ideas!?
    11-05-08 10:46 PM
    That actually sounds like a program I have on my pearl called "soft reset"....

I don't remember that being preloaded on the 4.5 os?

Re: html email... You have to resend your service books to get html working.

I think you just log into the bis site from your berry by going to email setup.... It should be in there somewhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 09:07 PM
    is no one noticing the ability to wirelessly upgrade the os? i thought i would hear someone talking about it, but nothing yet.
    11-06-08 10:08 PM
    I upgraded to 4.5 awhile ago and not long after that the wireless upgrade option disappeared from my device...

To enable HTML email, I had to go into the email options screen and select to enable it. Once that's done, any HTML emails received after that will work but ones received previously will not.

11-07-08 08:25 AM
    how do you wirelessly do a os upgrade with 4.5? before you say it i'm talking for the future.
    11-07-08 09:08 AM
    Just upgraded OS to 4.5.0.77 (VZW Blackberry) Noticed the new wireless upgrade under the menu. Had to resend service books to get the HTML email working. After that when clicking on wireless upgrade, instead of it saying none available it now stated NOT AVAILABLE. Did a battery pull and the option to wireless upgraded disappeared. Anyone know what is going on?? Help??
    11-08-08 03:22 PM
    i just did the update and it messed up my phone. lost two of my 3rd party softwares (facebook -which i simply re-loaded, and empower mail viewer which I cannot replace and paid 30 bucks for). It somehow kept my other 3rd party softwares (pacman and tellme), so I dont know what the heck to do now. I called Verizon and they couldn't help - credited me 30 bucks for the loss of empower, and connected me directly to BB support. They couldnt help either. I also lost my preloaded pictures, which i actually liked and used. It is a big ol mess and I am pretty annoyed. I don't even see how the update has improved the use of the phone anyway.
    11-08-08 03:37 PM
    The preloaded media is not included in the 4.5 update, if you want them you would have to download an older OS and extract the files. Empower is not needed on the update so it will be uninstalled. The update gave you the HTML email and docs to go.
    11-08-08 03:43 PM
    I upgraded my os about a week ago and documents to go never loaded. Is there anything to fix it

11-11-08 11:44 AM
    i just did the update and it messed up my phone. lost two of my 3rd party softwares (facebook -which i simply re-loaded, and empower mail viewer which I cannot replace and paid 30 bucks for). It somehow kept my other 3rd party softwares (pacman and tellme), so I dont know what the heck to do now. I called Verizon and they couldn't help - credited me 30 bucks for the loss of empower, and connected me directly to BB support. They couldnt help either. I also lost my preloaded pictures, which i actually liked and used. It is a big ol mess and I am pretty annoyed. I don't even see how the update has improved the use of the phone anyway.
    Why couldn't you replace Empower? Can't you just call/e-mail the manufacturer to get a copy of the activation code from the original purchase?
    11-11-08 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD