I recently upgraded my phone from a Pearl to a Storm, however I want to sell my Pearl now since I dont need 2 phones. Anyway I never sold a phone online before and had a question about doing so.

First I used the wipe handheld feature under security settings, however I noticed my phone number is still saved/displayed. If I sell the phone should I be worried or it won't matter as they would have to get their own contract and phone number to activate the phone. Is there a way to disable or delete my phone number from showing up?

Sorry i know this sounds like a stupid question, however I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right to protect myself. Thanks.
    12-04-08 03:57 AM
    You should be fine with leaving it in there. Be sure and take them pics off though.
    12-04-08 06:48 AM
    To get rid of the number use the manual programming screen. ##000000 and then press the send key. The first two lines are your phone number make them all zeros and the phone number is no longer stored in your phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 10:40 AM
    Hey thanks Mikey.P that works. I learned something today
    12-04-08 11:45 AM
    I'm trying to install a game in mi BB, but the file is a jad. How can i do the instalation?
    12-11-08 01:30 PM
    Try starting a new thread for this.
    12-11-08 01:50 PM
    Hey zooks I just bought the storm today and was gonna ask the same question. Anything else we should do? What about the pin?

12-11-08 07:06 PM
    Glad you wiping it first I got one phone online that I had to spend an hour deleting pictures, video, phone book...etc. I really could of lived better without seeing some of those pictures too. It was a old kyocera so there was no quick wipe program for it.

12-12-08 06:03 AM
    SuperAJ,

As far as I know the PIN is hard coded into the BB. I believe it follows the device.
    12-12-08 06:45 AM
    SuperAJ,

As far as I know the PIN is hard coded into the BB. I believe it follows the device.
    I thought it stayed with the berry but I was not sure if I had to release it from my account so the next person could use it. I am going to keep it for a little while just in case I really have a hard time with the storm.
    12-12-08 07:59 AM
    The next person would have to call the cell provider (verizon in your case) and ask them to reset the account on that phone.

Yeah, I don't blame you for holding onto the Pearl for a backup.
    12-12-08 08:26 AM
    The PIN is hard coded into each Blackberry at manufacture. It is permanent and unchangable.

To remove the phone number from the phone go to Options, Advanced Options, SIM Card, press Menu and select Edit SIM phone Number.
    12-12-08 08:46 AM
    The PIN is hard coded into each Blackberry at manufacture. It is permanent and unchangable.

To remove the phone number from the phone go to Options, Advanced Options, SIM Card, press Menu and select Edit SIM phone Number.
    Gruetzi!! haha..

yeah guys, I still get BBmsngr requests from friends of the guy I bought from lol,

...When Selling your phone, is it customary to downgrade to a carrier confirmed OS? ie. in my case Sprint 4.3 while im currently running cellsouth's 4.5..

...Also, should you restore default themes and Wallpapers? Can CrackMem help us with this?

Merci/Danke
    12-12-08 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD