I'm not much of a holster guy either, but at work, my Curve goes in a holster. When I'm at home, it goes in my front right pocket of my jeans. I do have a clear Speck cover that offers scratch and screen protection. I would suggest getting the seidio over the Speck case though, I hear they hold up much better.
    02-27-08 12:20 PM
    boyfriend has his in his pocket all the time, we have one of the hard cases on it with the screen protector things on the screen.. no problems yet
    02-27-08 12:38 PM
    For my 8830, I went to Wally World and they had a MOssy Oak Pounch for it that matches my Gerber Multitool pouch.

I've seen some really "manly" pouches at Home Depot and Lowe's as well. They saud DeWalt, and other brand names on it.

I just clip it to the inside of my front pocket and either have the phone on the inside or out, depending on the activity.

I didn't like the idea of a pouch either, but I like my BB and don't want to ruin it. I adapted and overcame!

Jerry
    02-27-08 04:24 PM
    heres some pics of mine.. dont mind the dust my camera has a way of picking up every spec of dust on just about anything near or far lol.
    yes the BSE covers almost every square inch on the back door, from below the mute button (not the button itself) to the base just below the charge socket and around to the front of the base of the phone where it says sprint.

due to the silly 4 image limit (including smiles!?) the other shots are forth coming.
    02-27-08 10:18 PM

that last shot is how i guard the sides. mind you i dont care for that particular Body Glove case. and i await the Otterbox for the 8130 to come out, as thats true protection for the blackberry imo.
    i use the body glove case for when i'm at work..sometimes, most of the time it sits in a holster. but when i'm out and about for the evening, i dont use anything more than the BSE and my holster case.. after all we want people to see our BB's hehe.

note the one bubble in my job that stands out below the led by the earpiece.. the photo/camera makes it look WAY worse than it is.. you cant really see it unless your looking for it. same with the one or two minor ones i got towards the top of the screen. looking dead on at it using the phone, cant see them at all.

cheers
    Last edited by boomerbsg; 02-27-08 at 10:24 PM.
    02-27-08 10:22 PM
    Thank you to everyone who replied, you definitely gave me the answers I needed! I really appreciate all of your thoughts and ideas! You guys are the best!
    02-27-08 11:34 PM
    the pearl is no less or more girlie than flip phones!!!!
    02-28-08 02:19 AM
    Get a stick on screen protector and cut it down to size. This will prevent scratches to the screen, but will not protect from breakage.
    02-28-08 11:26 PM
    I'm not a guy however I do own a BB and know a few guys who own BBs too. I find most of them use a good ol' skin and a screen protector.

I highly recommend buying one from eBay save yourself a few dollar and you get a wide variety of selections to choose from.
    02-29-08 08:22 AM
    warning on using a full body screen protector from Invisible Shield...first - it takes forever to get customer service on the line.

If you put your phone in it's holster or any other case, the InvisibleShield will take on the color of the case/holster. It ends up looking dingy. I called Zagg and they sent me a new one, but still. Now I can't use my holster...and for $25, it's ridiculous.

So, great shield, but you can't put the BB in any other type of case - although now i just have it in a silicone case with the front screen shield.

Just thought y'all should know.
    Last edited by mworceste; 02-29-08 at 02:31 PM.
    02-29-08 10:52 AM
    I holster mine and wear it on my pants, in school I put the holstered Berry in my inside blazer pocket.
    02-29-08 03:07 PM
    I put my pearl in my front pocket with the holster that it came with. That's the reason I went with the pearl, because it fit in my pocket a whole lot better then my 8703 did. And I'm really getting used to the SureType. BB all the way no matter what model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 09:15 PM
    Front empty pocket with screen always facing my skin. That way if I lean into a countertop or something I wont crack the screen.

I have carried it for a month and already have had to pull the trackball and blow the (unseen) debris from the rollers. It was so small that I really coudnt see anything but the roller acted quirky.

No dust under screen yet.
    04-30-08 09:42 PM
    i have a blackberry belt holster. looks good and feels soft for the phone. cost about 29 bucks at best buy.
    04-30-08 10:11 PM
    Dedicated front pocket for mine and all is well!

04-30-08 10:24 PM
    full body protection is the way to go. how to carry? 6 or 1/2 dz. you choose.
    04-30-08 11:06 PM
    If it's not in my hand, It's in my pocket with a Fellowes Screen Protector and the Seidio soft feel hard case.
    05-01-08 05:46 AM
    Holster or shirt pocket - when it's not in my hand.
    05-01-08 06:01 AM
    I have an 8830 that I keep in my pocket, I'm not really into the whole holster thing right now, but I've never had any problem with it. I've also had several motorola q's which I always kept pocketed and I've never had any scratches or anything!

As long as he doesn't keep keys or coins with it I think he'll be fine! but you could always go and get a screen protector for it just in case

05-01-08 06:24 AM
    Both my lovely ladies (BB1 and BB2) in holsters on my belt
    05-01-08 06:41 AM
    I keep mine in my pocket. Is there a case that covers the screen but not the keys?
    05-01-08 08:31 AM
    I just throw it in my right pocket in the holster and no problems so far...
    05-01-08 09:00 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD