I have an 8120, with wireless configured for when I'm in range of a wireless router. I do not have a need to be on the Internet 24/7, and my built-in browser seems to meet my current needs if I feel the urge to connect. I do not have any services beyond my T-Mo telephone service. Most of my current calls and Berry browsing go through a router.

I understand that WAP is a more "phone friendly" browser, making use of the Internet an easier experience, correct? Is it anything else?

Will my currently-configured Berry work with WAP, and do I need it? Is it free? Does it use alot of memory? Where is the best place to get it?

Thanks for your input!
    08-22-08 11:47 AM
    WAP is just a simpler more bandwidth friendly version of a web page. WAP browsers have simple renderers to go along with that, but are the same in every other way to normal web browsers. WAP sites are served up from normal web servers and use normal http transfers the same as any other web page.
    So you need the same type of access for WAP as you do for normal web browsing, meaning that if you have can access WAP you might as well just use a normal web browser instead.
    08-22-08 11:57 AM
    Thanks for your assistance.
    08-22-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD