hey everybody,

i just got a new BB 8130 today and am having trouble when typing. whenever i am typing up a word in a text message, a window pops up with a list of words that it thinks i may be typing. also, another problem that i have is when i'm typing something a name in the address book, instead of letting me type whatever letters i want, it makes its own guesses and doesn't let me type the letters that i want. so what i am looking for is to turn all of this auto stuff off. I want complete control on the letters that i am typing and do not want any of the phone's help at all. is there a way to do that?

thanks!
    03-21-08 04:22 PM
    From my understanding, SureType takes a week or two to LEARN your habits, your commonly used names and words. In the beginning it's not very accurate. If I'm not mistaken you can change this from any text input field by pressing menu, and choosing multi-tap mode.
    03-21-08 04:33 PM
    Took my suretype like 2 days but i used it a lot. It is frustrating to use at first but once it learns your style you will type so much faster.
    03-21-08 04:36 PM
    so eventually it will stop using "get" instead of "hey"? =) I just switched back to suretype after realizing that it works if i don't look while typing. It's pretty cool
    03-24-08 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD