I am about to throw my Pearl through my TV.
    I want to use it as my primary MP3 player. I bought an 8GB memory card and have been transferring music through desktop manager. At first I was transferring and random songs wouldn't show up when I went to play them on my phone even though they showed up as being on the memory card in desktop manager.

I thought I had it figured out when I stop clicking "convert for optimal playback" and instead clicking "convert with no conversion." It worked for about 50 songs and then all of a sudden songs stopped showing up again. I have 2.5GB of remaining memory on the card. I have made sure that all of the files are mp3 files. I have updated desktop manager. I am completely out of ideas.

Please someone help me out here.

Thanks.
    11-25-08 10:32 PM
    I've found you can transfer them w/o using Desktop Manager. When you hook up your phone it will ask you if you want to use it as a mass storage device. Say yes. This will make it show up as a separate drive under my computer. Explore it and you will see that you have different folders for music, pictures, ring tones, etc. Transfer you music directly to the music folder. Or ringtones folder it they're ring tones. Try this route and see how that works for you. And welcome to CB!
    11-26-08 06:47 AM
    I've found you can transfer them w/o using Desktop Manager. When you hook up your phone it will ask you if you want to use it as a mass storage device. Say yes. This will make it show up as a separate drive under my computer. Explore it and you will see that you have different folders for music, pictures, ring tones, etc. Transfer you music directly to the music folder. Or ringtones folder it they're ring tones. Try this route and see how that works for you. And welcome to CB!
    i second that res!

the Roxio media Mgr. is aa pain, much like iTunes...

as soom as you plug in the USB, select Yes on your BB to enable mass storage mode, and your BB's Media Card will appear as a disk drive. (on mine its E: )

then its as simple as drag and drop! entire folders of music! baaaoooww!!

My iPod has been getting pretty dusty since i got the card, and FYI:
    any standard 1/8 headphone jack will work inyour BB, even the car tape adapter which to my surprise actually enables 'speakerphone thru car stereo' when you receive a call!
    11-26-08 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD