I am fiddling with my wife's 8120 Pearl and can't figure out why her BB Maps won't work. I find it in the app list, but there isn't an icon for it. I know that it doesn't have GPS, as it is Wi-Fi equipped, but neither is my 8320 Curve. Since BB Maps work on my Curve I figured that they should work on her Pearl.

Can anyone shed light on this problem? P.S. We're both on TMO.
    01-18-09 10:22 PM
    What operating system is on your wife's Pearl? Have you upgraded the OS since getting the Pearl?

The only carrier that I know blocks the use of BBMaps is AT&T. Since you're both TMO, that shouldn't be the problem. A quick search didn't turn up any obvious answers.
    01-18-09 10:36 PM
    Well it has 4.3 on it right now, but I am trying (unsuccessfully) to install 4.5.

For some reason the Desktop manager is only showing like 4 or 5 apps in the app loader. (yahoo, handango, help, Digby) On my curve it lists EVERYTHING in there. Is this something with 4.7? I know I'm hijacking my own thread but oh well....
    01-18-09 11:09 PM
    I recommend you use 4.6. 4.7 has some automation built in that conflicts with the way we usually do upgrades.

The lack of OS modules in the App Loader list means the Pearl OS is not installed as an application on your wife's PC. Download the OS exe to her PC and double-click it. That will install it on her PC and the DM App Loader will be able to see the OS applications.
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-19-09 at 10:26 AM.
    01-18-09 11:16 PM
    I just had to do that and it worked wonders! Only thing...maps didn't appear as an icon. I can't find it. But no biggy cuz I just threw that in to play. But Prob. not gonna use it.
    01-19-09 09:27 AM
    I just had to do that and it worked wonders! Only thing...maps didn't appear as an icon. I can't find it. But no biggy cuz I just threw that in to play. But Prob. not gonna use it.
    You can install it, but BBMaps won't run on AT&T BlackBerries after OS4.3 without a workaround. AT&T prefers you to use their Nav app.

Here is a link to a solution that appears to work: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/fin...maps-t-117957/

And another link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...b-maps-118076/
    01-19-09 10:27 AM
    just use google maps works great on my pearl
    01-21-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD