When I first got my phone a few weeks ago, I manually inputed all of the contacts from my old cell phone. It's worked fine, but I recently started fooling around with some of the settings, and now i've run into a few issues.

First, it doesn't *search* contacts. For example, if I want to find Brian, and type B (ie 8), it shows *No Addresses*, even though I have mulitple contacts with the letter B. (*note*: this doesn't happen to the last 5 contacts I've added since messing around with my phone, only the old ones).

Second, the most recently added contacts are kept at the top, regardless of their alphabetical order. So at the top of my address book, I'll have Brian, Jordan, Claire then A's, B's, C's ect ect.

This first started happening after fooling around with the filter and category options, but I can't seem to get it back to normal.

This is my first blackberry, so I'm probably missing something subtle yet obvious. Thanks for your help.
    01-02-08 01:59 AM
    Any ideas? It's really damn annoying, but I guess I'll have to wait till this weekend and go ask someone at the telus store.
    01-03-08 08:53 PM
    Not sure but try this.
    Go to address book.
    Click menu.
    Click filter.
    See if anything is checked. If so uncheck it.
    01-03-08 08:59 PM
    Do what Pete says, but also try the Address Book Options> See if the sort by is by first names and separators is by lines. That could be the only thing I think of, Other then that. Sounds like I would try pulling the battery then to a handheld wipe.

Click
    01-03-08 10:00 PM
    Not sure but try this.
    Go to address book.
    Click menu.
    Click filter.
    See if anything is checked. If so uncheck it.
    I had same issue, i had lost my address book!

TY TY TY TY it worked..........u have made my night!!
    01-04-08 08:09 PM
    Open one of the contacts that is not working properly and see if the information is in there probably

Example: You have Brian in the first name field and not company name or any other field.
    01-04-08 08:34 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys. Turns out it had to do with categories.

When I first inputed all my contacts, I put mostly everyone under personal. But after fiddling with the filtered categories options, I deleted personal and added a few more categories. Apparently it didn't like that, so would ignore the contacts that were under the deleted category. Now I gotta do is go into all 130 contact that were labeled *personal* and choose another category. *ugh*.
    01-06-08 07:46 PM
    Thanks, this helped me, i have the same problem. Is there a way to not have to use the filter? I was having to go between business, personal, etc. to look up an address, which is a totally unnecessary step.

Many thanks!
    02-18-08 08:04 AM
    You've probably done this but be sure to close the ap fully (using Close on the menu) as I've found myself stuck in filters until I closed properly.
    02-18-08 09:04 AM
    Hi
    I've got this same problem. I can't see any of the contacts in my address book only on my SIM address book but the numbers are still stored in the phone somewhere because the persons details come up when they call. I've unchecked/checked all the boxes in the filter and that still hasn't worked. I'm stuck and need help this is driving me mad.
    11-18-08 03:14 AM
    Try going to options > security options > general settings. And ensure that 'include contacts' is set to NO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 03:30 AM
    Thanks. I've tried this but that still hasn't worked. This is driving me nuts

Does anybody else have any ideas please
    11-19-08 03:59 AM
    First, it doesn't *search* contacts. For example, if I want to find Brian, and type B (ie 8), it shows *No Addresses*, even though I have mulitple contacts with the letter B. (*note*: this doesn't happen to the last 5 contacts I've added since messing around with my phone, only the old ones).

Second, the most recently added contacts are kept at the top, regardless of their alphabetical order. So at the top of my address book, I'll have Brian, Jordan, Claire then A's, B's, C's ect ect.

I tried all of the above. Battery pull solved the problem on my Curve.
    12-30-08 12:51 PM
    The only way I found to fix this problem is to go to each contact, open it, go to edit, don't change anything, save it, then it will show up when you do a search.
    12-28-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD